Korinna Moon Bloodgood

I chose to make my Funny Names debut all sunshine and Animorphs; everything was easy, breezy, and oh look, there’s Paulo Costanzo eating breakfast, YUM. Well not today, my friends. Today, things are taking a dark and sinister turn. Today, we’re talking about Korinna Moon Bloodgood.

I’m sure that Korinna, who uses “Moon” as her first name, is a lovely lady and is, in fact, not dark and sinister at all. But that name! My goodness. I can’t think of a single example where the words “moon” “blood” and “good” are used together and don’t evoke Doom For All Until The End Of Time. Can you?

(No, seriously, can you? I’d love to hear what you come up with in the Comments!)

It turns out that memorable names are in Moon Bloodgood’s … uhh … blood. Her father, who is of Dutch-Irish descent, is named Shell Bloodgood. If you come here often, then that won’t be a surprise, since you already know that the Irish can be counted on for funny names!

Is it bad that I was able to link to the above post from memory? Talk about coming here often! Well, there you go, guys. Amb’s Guide to Becoming a Guest Contributor in One Easy Step: leave comments. A lot of comments.

Anyway, with a name like that, you would think that Moon would make a, erm, name for herself by cozying up to the forces of evil onscreen. But her early movie credits are comprised of mostly optimistic, bright and bubbly fare, like “Win a Date With Tad Hamilton!”, “A Lot Like Love” and “Eight Below” (starring the also awesomely named Cuba Gooding Jr.) Perhaps she felt she had to compensate for something?

Moon Bloodgood

Hi there, Moon. I’m sure you’re lovely, and you’ve got really great hair … but I’m kind of scared of you all the same.

Moon eventually learned to love her dark side (there’s a Pink Floyd pun in there somewhere …) on cable television. She played a doomed cop on Burn Notice, one of My Favourite Television Shows You’ve Never Heard Of, in 2009, and since 2011 she has been playing Dr. Anne Glass on the science fiction series “Falling Skies”.

Now, I love science fiction as much as the next girl, but this sounds a little dark and sinister even for me:

“Falling Skies tells the story of the aftermath of a global invasion by several races of extraterrestrials that neutralizes the world’s power grid and technology, quickly destroys the combined militaries of all the world’s countries, and apparently kills over 90% of the human population within a few days.” -Someone on Wikipedia who watches scarier television than me.

Eek! Doom For All Until the End of Time, indeed. Talk about getting back to your roots! Welcome home, Moon Bloodgood. Welcome home.

love amb

About amb

Would rather spend time in TV land than Corporate World. Writes at wordsbecomesuperfluous.com and wishes she was more like Ingrid Bergman.

28 Responses to Korinna Moon Bloodgood

1. marksackler says:

Sounds like a character name from Harry Potter. Maybe Luna Lovegood’s evil cousin. 😀

This Korinna and last post’s Paulo would look pretty good together–if they’re both single, perhaps they should get to know each other? As always, a story well told, amb:-)

• amb says:

Holy bananas – I can’t believe that I neglected such an important item in my research! I definitely need to incorporate “relationship status” into my posts going forward .

You’re right, those two should absolutely get to know each other! Ahh, romance is in the air here at BoFN … love the way your mind works, Liz!

3. Loved the post. But what about “good” eats like “moon” pies and “blood” pudding. (Yes, I’m of English descent.)

• amb says:

Oh, well done Fannie! Blood pudding may not be on my list of “foods amb wants to try” but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the heck out of that sentence. Love it! 🙂
      PS do you watch Downton Abbey? If yes, we’ll have to chat!

• While I love Downton Abbey, I do not get to view it as often as I like. But who doesn’t love Maggie Smith!

• amb says:

Right!?! I wouldn’t change a hair on her head … though I would change her name to something funnier-sounding, so we could profile her here!

• paralaxvu says:

What, Smith isn’t funny enough for you?

• amb says:

Hey, I think it’s hilarious. But just because I stalk Dave and his blog doesn’t mean I can completely ignore his funny-name-criteria … does it? 😉

• paralaxvu says:

OK, I suppose you;re right. But I DO have a Smith funny for you: I once worked as a receptionist in a hospital X-ray department when a woman came in for a chest x-ray. While she was changing into one of those cute hospital gowns, I asked her last name so I could type out an ID card. “Smrgliyshnm,” she said as, I presume, a piece of the gown tie was strangling her. “Pardon?” I asked again. Again she spit out something I couldn’t hear. I was really embarrassed by this time to tell her I still hadn’t heard what she said so I asked her to spell it for me. Her reply, loud and clear: “S-M-I-T-H.”

• amb says:

I’m keeping this comment forever.

And using it when I get stuck for ideas on my next guest post.

• paralaxvu says:

You brought a smile to my cheeks even.

4. mimijk says:

She should have been one of Frank Zappa’s progeny..

5. paralaxvu says:

Good Lord, tonight’s moon is as lovely as bloodstone! Or, Good stone, that blood is as lovely as moonshine! Or, Good Moon, that lord is as stoned as…uh…

6. Lucky Wreck says:

Oh my gosh. I am still laughing…this post is great! 🙂

• amb says:

Thank you so much, Lucky Wreck! I was nervous about joining the ranks of the BoFN boys, because I think they write with such wit, so your laugh means a lot 🙂

7. Pingback: Happy Valentine’s Day, Desiderio Alberto Arnaz y de Acha the Third! | The Blog of Funny Names

8. Pingback: Superfluous Oscar Countdown, Day Ten: 1998 « words become superfluous

9. Pingback: Fionnula Flanagan | The Blog of Funny Names