Well good morning! *amb stretches luxuriously, looks around, and nods*

You’re all looking particularly lovely today, if you don’t mind my saying. Never mind the weather and the traffic and anything else you have going on that is stressing you out today – you’re gorgeous. And do you know why? Because today is a spectacular, gorgeous, spectacularly gorgeous day. Today, my friends, is October 19th.

October 19th, for the uninitiated (and don’t worry, I still think you’re gorgeous) is when the powers-that-be at NBC television originally promised that new episodes of “Community” would begin.

Allison Brie and Gillian Jacobs

This is the picture Dave suggested I use to represent the actors of “Community”. I can’t imagine why he’d choose this one.

“Community”, for the uninitiated, (and yup – still gorgeous) is one of My Favourite Television Shows You’ve Never Heard Of, and is one of the BoFN boys’ favourite shows, and is basically the reason why I started swooning over Dave this blog in the first place.

Naturally, the folks at NBC changed their minds, as network big kahunas are wont to do; also naturally, the folks at “Community” mocked them for it, as scrappy, sarcastic, and seriously underrated actors are wont to do themselves.

Joel McHale shirtless

Meanwhile, this is the picture I wanted to use. No particular reason why I chose it, or anything.

The end result of all this “wonting” is that the phrase October 19th became shorthand among fans for that magical day whenever “Community” makes its way to our television screens. And as you’ve probably guessed from my effusive opening paragraph, that magical day is today!

Now, I realize I’ve gone a full 242 words here without mentioning a single Funny Name. Allow me to make amends. On behalf of fans everywhere, I would like to say thank you to the following funnily named individual who is responsible for directing tonight’s episode: Tristram Shapeero.

Besides having an awesome name that sounds like it belongs in a 1920s Agatha Christie novel, Tristram’s Funny Name credentials include being born in Bath. Not bath, but the Bath, in Somerset, UK.

He also directed one of my personal favourite “Community” episodes ever, “Contemporary American Poultry”

Tristram Shapeero

Hi Tristram!
I pictured you wearing a monocle and a top hat, but that’s ok. You still look like a pretty nice guy.

… and that’s all the research I’ve done. I’m sorry you guys, but I just came back to the blog after spending the past three hours watching “Community” episodes on Youtube, and I’ve completely lost my train of thought.

Happy October 19th, everyone!

love amb

About amb

Would rather spend time in TV land than Corporate World. Writes at wordsbecomesuperfluous.com and wishes she was more like Ingrid Bergman.
This entry was posted in Greatest hits, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Tristram Shapeero, or; Why Amb (and Dave!) Thinks Today Should be a National Holiday

Well done, Rach–er, I mean amb. Let me get this straight: There are TWO sets of parents who decided to name their child Tristram, and these Tristrams were written up on This Marvelous Blog of Funny Names TWO DAYS IN A ROW? I’m stunned and maybe need to sit down for a while. Amazing. But for real, the photos are great, though strange choices each;-) And you could write about anything and I’d enjoy reading it–love your style. Happy 10/19 to you as well.

• amb says:

I know, I had to sit down when I saw Rob’s post yesterday, too. So much funny-named goodness! Dave and I joke that we have a television mind-meld, but perhaps my psychic connection extends to both brothers?!? 😉

I’m so glad you liked the post my friend. I had a ton of fun putting it together … and not just the visuals!

Wow, I didn’t even notice that! Well, I suppose it was bound to happen! I remember Arto and I had a similar situation where he posted about somebody on a Thursday and then I had someone sharing that odd first name in a FNITN on Friday, but I forget which name it was… I’ll have to go do some research…

Aha, here was the other time that happened… in this case, guys with the same last name on consecutive days:

Boxing promoter Sampson Lewkowicz: https://funnynamesblog.com/2012/10/03/gold/
      and Sev Lewkowicz from Mungo Jerry: https://funnynamesblog.com/2012/10/04/mungo-jerry/ on consecutive days. Never a first name though… that’s a, well, first!

Oh man, I can’t wait! Unfortunately with my lack of cable, I won’t be watching it tonight. But soon. Soon. Swoon…! 🙂 (Oh man, I am so delirious…6 hrs combined sleep over the past two nights, and a lot of time spent studying for a midterm in the wee hours of the morning… oh well, at least it’s back to a normal-esque schedule again!)

• amb says:

I kind of like you delirious – your sleep deprived comments always make me laugh. Eventually you’ll join me on the dark side with my COFFEE and you’ll feel much better 😉

Good luck on the midterm!!

P.S. Amb… I vandalized the title of your post. Just thought you should know. I left “Thinks” in there, though, just because I like the way it reads…

4. Now that was funny. Happy 10/19. Great job Amb. Now what I want to know since I’ve never seen the program is does anyone on Community wear a bow tie? That would make me swoon.

• amb says:

Thanks Fannie! Glad I could entertain 😀

I’m sure I can find a clip of Abed wearing a bow-tie … I’ll get back to you on that one. Mind you, Abed is not the tallest or most muscular of fellows, but man alive is he funny! And humour always makes someone swoon-worthy in my book.

Amb, I just realized another reason I like that photo of Annie wearing the bird outfit… Normally Britta dresses down compared to Annie – the dinosaur costume (vs. the skeleton costume) in the first Halloween episode, the brown body suit in the season 3 Christmas “Glee” parody that Annie did her little Santa dance in – so it’s a great role reversal for them. I hope this season brings out new little nuances of our favorite characters!

• amb says:

That’s so true! For someone supposedly so worldly and self-aware, Britta’s wardrobe choices are pretty … repressed. Especially compared to Annie’s! Maybe Britta will loosen up more now that she’s a senior – that would be fun to see.

6. Abed and Troy duo is back again. Suh-weet.

7. Pingback: Happy Valentine’s Day, Desiderio Alberto Arnaz y de Acha the Third! | The Blog of Funny Names

8. Pingback: Anika Noni Rose | The Blog of Funny Names

9. Pingback: Wordful Wednesday for March 27, 2013 | words become superfluous

10. Pingback: Lennon Stella and Maisy Stella | The Blog of Funny Names

11. Pingback: Sara Beth Bareilles | The Blog of Funny Names

12. Pingback: Blog-iversary Countdown: Top Five BoFN posts | words become superfluous

Just stumbled upon this post again. Still one of my favorites!