Funny Names Friday Vol. 62 With Special Guests Wilma and Kash Register

Hello Funny Names and-or Friday fans! This will be a brief edition of our weekly news recap, but all the more powerful for it (maybe?).

First of all, our Matlock-inspired courtroom correspondent Rob brings this terrific news item of a man wrongly convicted of murder 34 years ago who has now been released from jail. His name is Kash D. Register. It’s a shame his wonderful name did not originally earn him a reprieve from his sentence. His mother, Wilma Register, was of course delighted to see Kash walk out of jail. Full story here.

Wilma Register is also a brilliant name.

LEGO Steven Hawking technically has nothing to do with anything but he exists, and that's probably newsworthy enough for this blog.

LEGO Steven Hawking technically has nothing to do with anything but he exists, and that’s probably newsworthy enough for this blog.

In other news, everyone has been telling our Too-Busy-to-Watch-Boxing Correspondent Dave about last weekend’s terrific boxing match between Vakhtang “Vic” Darchinyan and Nonito Donaire. A battle of fine names there.

We also have this amazing slide show of controversial events as seen through LEGO construction. Our favorite is perhaps the concentration camp as imagined by Polish artiste Zbigniew Libera. It’s a curious project, but hey, whatever gets you constructing boats out of LEGOS, and then whatever floats those LEGO boats, and so on…

Meanwhile, final European qualifiers for next summer’s soccer World Cup are under way today and next week. Involved are a flurry of funny named individuals, including Sweden’s brilliant ego-monster Zlatan Ibrahimovic (author of well named autobiography “I Am Zlatan” who once responded to a query about what his fiance got as an engagement present with “She got Zlatan”.) We will report back with more of the funny names involved in next week’s edition.

For now, have a splendid Friday and an even better weekend!

About Arto

Co-founder of the Funny Names Blog, Hawaiian shirt enthusiast, and holder of a funny name himself with too many vowels for any sensible person. Currently residing in San Diego, California, scouring through obscure documents on a hunt for more funny names. www.funnynamesblog.wordpress.com
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Funny Names Friday Vol. 62 With Special Guests Wilma and Kash Register

Zero comments?!? What the what?!? Happy Friday Arto!

i love the very special one of a kind fiancé gift of zlatan himself. truly unique and the gift that just keeps on giving )

Dave makes me feel guilty. In fact, I was trying to come up with names for siblings in the Register family but gave up because none of them were any good.

Parish Register?
    Will E. Register?
    Hurryup N. Register?
    Synup N. Register?
    Doan Fergetoo Register?
    Soash L. Register?
    Audi Bull Register?
    Vizzie Bull Register?

Some sharks get jumped before they’re even out of the water.
    [Edit –> before their fins are even out of the water]

But it’s a good thing Kash wasn’t convicted of a capital crime.
    [Edit –> given a death sentence]

Because we wouldn’t want to have Funny Names in the Noose.

[Edit: Proof that you shouldn’t comment just for commenting’s sake]

[Edit: But I love that I can edit comments!]

• Liz says:

commendable comments all, diddy. You get all the points today.

Side note, which really belongs on your latest post, but why not cross-promote? I asked my husband if he wanted to see a Bat Dad video and he said he’s already seen it a month or so ago on a popular news show. Guess we both live under rocks.

And and and–remember that awesome ukelele player you featured? I have a friend who just saw him perform last weekend. Cooooooool. And I saw it at wdydfae first.

Never feel guilty because of me. I’m completely unreasonable and a little unhinged, so just carry on with your business!

• Liz says:

I knew there was a reason I liked you, Dave–“completely unreasonable and a little unhinged” sounds like good friend material for sure 🙂

liking all of your names, Arto. And I like the slide show, too. The only thing that would have made this post better is if Rob had added peanut butter.

I think Rob only submitted the first two, but I agree, the slide show is awesome! Insane LEGO-related stuff is exciting! Fun fact: the first time that BoFN got more than 30 hits in a day was the day we got 80-something after a well-placed link in a comment on ListVerse. This was circa March 2012, I believe.

5. CJ says:

I just pissed myself laughing at the lego! OMG that is too funny!

6. CJ says:

I meant to actually comment…sorry! You won’t believe this but…just last week, in our local paper, there was a story about a guy who was falsely accused of a murder and imprisoned…anyway they exonerated him and he’s free…his name…Kash Register! I was thinking while I read about Mr. Register’s poor misfortune, that maybe there IS something to the theory that the name you give a child may drive his fate or life path….