Funny Names Monday Picture Competition!

Yes, Flemish style lavatory self portraits are awesome.

Yes, Flemish style lavatory self portraits are awesome

Hello fellows,
Dave be busy. So here we gon’ do somthin’ a little different.

BOFN PICTURE AND CAPTION COMPETITION!

Rocky informs us that he is not, in fact, Bum Phillips.

Rocky informs us that he is not, in fact, Bum Phillips.

You never know... maybe he's telling the truth!

You never know… maybe he’s telling the truth!

Pictured: Rainer Maria Rilke. Also pictured: AMAZING Mustache.

Pictured: Rainer Maria Rilke. Also pictured: AMAZING Mustache.

Bobak the Science Guy! I'm telling you, it'll be a hit.

Bobak the Science Guy! I’m telling you, it’ll be a hit.

Berry? Peaches?

Berry? Peaches?

Rod Shooter Beck, there's a man's man.

Rod Shooter Beck, there’s a man’s man.

Idris Elba

You see it, right? The terrifying wonderfulness? I mean,, seriously. Dude.

This looks awesome.This looks awesome

"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?"

“A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?”

So there it is. Beautifully formatted for your viewing pleasure! What do y’all think? Which o’ these images really caught your fancy? Β Which caption was the winner? Was Dave on ambien when he wrote this? The answer is you’ll never know! Unless he tells you in the comments later today.

Never!

What a beautiful world we live in. A world with Ambers and Lizzes and Fannies and Mailpersons and Marks and Wdydfaes and Raw-berts and norberts and egberts and Artos and Ted Dansons! Danson…

Dancin’ ….

Dancin…

Oh look, a dancing pickle!

Oh look, a dancing pickle!

Tell us what pic is your favorite! Happy Monday! Diddy’s Christmas Eve Post is gonna be a doozy!

About Dave

Based out of San Diego, California. Co-founder of the Blog of Funny Names. funnynamesblog.wordpress.com
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Funny Names Monday Picture Competition!

I can’t vote, because if I did, I would vote for my own picture in an act of raw, unscrupulous self-promotion, and of course I would only do something like that anonymously, so people wouldn’t see what a wretched and pathetic act it was.

Wait, did I just say that aloud?

No, you didn’t. So it’s all good πŸ™‚ You only wrote it as a comment so it will be shared with posterity. But don’t worry, we won’t hold it against you! (P.S. I’m a huge fan of the “fast and bulbous, the mascara snake” conversation as well, so yours ranks wayyy up there!)

You were so on ambien when you wrote this, Dave. And I thought we’d talked about my not wanting to be called “Lizzie.” Brings back too many memories of kids teasing me on the playground πŸ˜‰ Though I get what you were doing. With that part anyway. Mostly I’m just confused.

I’m with diddy and can’t vote. Not because I’d pick my own, but because they’re all so awesome and each for its own reason. Though I do lean toward Rainer because he looks so haunted and I think he really wants to be picked. Poor man. The soul of a poet and all that.

Fun post πŸ˜€

p.s. What I really wanted to say is that I’m voting for the dancing pickle. duh.

• amb says:

The pickle gets my vote, too. I can swoon over Idris anytime! πŸ™‚

Somehow I don’t doubt that for a second. You’re the most accomplished and prodigious swooner I know, a regular swooner-in-chief, my lady!

*Regular as in the old people definition of “proficient”. I should have said an exceptional swooner-in-chief but my 80-year-old southern roots got the best of me πŸ™‚

Happy Monday at 2:30pm, Amber! It’s gonna be a good week!

• amb says:

You’re on ambien right now, aren’t you? πŸ˜‰

• Liz says:

you have 80-year-old southern roots? Am going to assume you’re not talking hair here. And also assume that amb’s second comment is spot on.

Haha, even though I’ve been known to sleep into the late morning, I was not on ambien by that point. Just feeling corybantic, maybe because today I submitted the paperwork for a sweet new job as UCSD Extension’s new MCAT instructor, and got two interview invitations in the past week: University of Central Florida (a new school that’s becoming a rising star) and University of Arizona – Phoenix medical school, which I received today. Woohoo. Mayo, on the other hand, summarily rejected me almost immediately… I guess I won’t be making an interview trip out to the land of the Liz. 😦

• Liz says:

Congrats on the good news, Dave! What does Mayo know anyway? Its name is short for a salad dressing-type spread–I bet they don’t even practice real medicine. (haha and just kidding should any Mayo folk be reading this. You are a highly respected institution and I get that.) You’ll get to Minnesota eventually. Or I’ll come your way. At the very least, we’ll meet when you marry amb and I am in the bridal party πŸ˜‰

You’re quite the clinician, Liz, and your assessment was correct!

Note the absence of the second i and rejoice that nobody called you “Lizzie”, I would never do such a thing! I simply pluralized Liz into “Lizzes” because the world is a wonderful place with a select few people who share your incomparable spirit.

Rainer is haunted. I read that as “wants to be pickled” though, which made it even funnier.

Dancing pickle FTW!

tie between rod and the dancing pickle. kind of the same.