How Amb Watches the Olympics

Ok, so technically these gorgeous men, er, I mean, funny names, aren’t in show business, but they have been making an awful lot of appearances on my television screen lately.

Dylan Moscovitch, Canadian figure skater

Dylan Moscovitch, Canadian figure skater

Crispin Lipscomb, Canadian snowboarder

Crispin Lipscomb, Canadian snowboarder

Jasey-Jay Anderson, Canadian snowboarder

Jasey-Jay Anderson, Canadian snowboarder

Rudi Swiegers, Canadian figure skater

Rudi Swiegers, Canadian figure skater

Oh, come on now, kittens. As if you’re surprised.

love amb

About amb

Would rather spend time in TV land than Corporate World. Writes at wordsbecomesuperfluous.com and wishes she was more like Ingrid Bergman.

22 Responses to How Amb Watches the Olympics

the olympics are a beautiful thing indeed – and the scenery!

2. vivekipereira says:

Reblogged this on Vivek Pereira's Blog.

And I struggle so much with that 500 word limit!

Who knew we could do this?

That’s Amb for yuh, thinking outside the box.

Man, this sets a great precedent for my Babes of Bollywood post!

• amb says:

You’d be amazed at what you can get away with when you bat your eyelashes at the boss around here, Diddz. šŸ˜‰

Every once in a while I go for something a little more, um, visual (like when my subject is someone who looks like Idris Elba, for example). It’s a completely professional decision based on extensive market research and current events in the world of funny nameology, I swear!

• wdydfae says:

I tried to replicate your findings re: the efficacy of eyelash batting in administrative policy alteration and found the correlation to be not just weak but actually counter-indicative with respect to the results you reported. Eyelash batting had a negative impact on policy alteration. There must be flaws in your experimental design, and quite likely some variable unaccounted for in your behavior model. For this reason, I regret to inform you that we cannot accept your study for publication in Systems and Behavioral Studies as it does not meet our standards for empirical research.

Wow! Have you ever submitted to an academic journal before? That looked very similar to the first rejection letter my team and I got for our publication two years ago.

• amb says:

I’m impressed you were able to recognize it at all – I’m still trying to work my way through some of those sentences! Like I’m still not sure if the variable unaccounted for in my behaviour model is actually, you know, me. šŸ˜‰ Diddy definitely out-word-nerded me on this one!

• wdydfae says:

Wait, I remember that paper! Was that “Gender dependent outcomes for eyelash fluttering strategies to influence of posting guidelines in humorous name weblog administration: a cross sectional double blind longitudinal study”?

Haha wow, well done!

• wdydfae says:

Dave, don’t miss the cover article in the upcoming issue of Journal of Structural Engineering: “Operational limits of blurb generator exceeded fourfold for Davean Olympics post: Damage assessment and analysis”

Haha, you’re a force to be reckoned with! šŸ™‚

Crispin Lipscomb is a winning name… and he looks a lot like Bobby Cobb from Cougar Town!

lol, talk about ensorcelled! Pretty pictures for sure. Though you more than made up for the post’s brevity in comments. Tee hee to all of it. Will leave you all to your banter and sit back and enjoy. Might even make myself a drink while I watch. Can I get you something?

6. Pingback: Troian Bellisario | The Blog of Funny Names