FNITN 80.5 Featuring George Stroumboulopoulos Looking at Things

Thanks to the intrepid Amb, I realized I made a HUGE mistake in last week’s FNITN.

I left out a crucial piece of info we had been discussing earlier in the week.

George Stroumboulopoulos will be the new host of Hockey Night in Canada!

Now for those readers not up in the great white north, the magnitude of this news may not be immediately apparent. So let me use an analogy: Hockey Night in Canada is to Canadian sports as…

… you know what? There’s nothing I’ve seen that compares to Hockey Night in Canada. I suppose Super Bowl Sunday, or the night of a big boxing championship match, but no regular sporting broadcast I’ve ever seen has commanded the attention that Hockey Night in Canada has up in the land of poutine and Dudley Do Right.

And to longtime fans of our blog, you should know how important George Stroumboulopoulos is to some of us (… cough… Amb!) – even working his way into the Middle Name Acting Aphorism as an addendum.

In fact, there are no words to do justice to this news, so in true Kim Jong Il Looking At Things fashion, I’d like to share with you a gallery of Strombo Looking At/Like Things fare, and hope to atone for last week’s horrendous omission. Enjoy!

Strombo Looking at a Teleprompter

Strombo Looking at a Teleprompter

Strombo Looking Like a Member of the Hockey Night in Canada Team (with Don "Grapes" Cherry!)

Strombo Looking Like a Member of the Hockey Night in Canada Team (with another Canadian national treasure: Don “Grapes” Cherry!)

Strombo Looking at a woman whose only defense against swooning is two sets of sunglasses between her eyes and Strombo's

Strombo Looking at a lady whose only defense against swooning is the two layers of sunglasses between George’s eyes and hers

Strombo Looking like a confused Canadiens fan

Strombo Looking like a confused Canadiens fan

Strombo looking like a weirdo from the late 1990's

Strombo looking weird in the late 1990’s

Strombo looking... surprisingly bi-curious!

Strombo looking… surprisingly bi-curious!

Strombo looking like a bowling league champion

Strombo looking like a bowling league champion

Strombo looking at his sideways award

Strombo looking at some award… sideways

Strombo looking like an amateur hockey player

Strombo looking like an amateur hockey player

Strombo looking like a guy who just met Amb, his biggest fan!

Strombo looking like a guy who just met Amb, his biggest (yet also most petite) fan!

About Dave

Based out of San Diego, California. Co-founder of the Blog of Funny Names. funnynamesblog.wordpress.com
This entry was posted in Funny Names In The News, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to FNITN 80.5 Featuring George Stroumboulopoulos Looking at Things

1. amb says:

This makes me so happy !!!

Who knew it’d be Martin Short who would make Strombo feel those bi-curious feelings. He’s got strange tastes.

This is some good stroung blougging Dave. Gotta love that last pic too.

Haha, Martin Short and Strombo is an impressive combo. Hey! A Strombo Combo!

Good job throuwing in thouse unnecessary u’s. I’m amazed I still remember how to spell Stroumboulopoulos. There’s no rhyme or reason to its spelling.

I am very Canadian-ignorant, so I had never heard of this man. (I did, however, recognize Martin Short. Does that count?) I thought “Good Morning America” host George Stephanopoulos was eating a Stromboli. Amb, you will have to explain why he has decided to put holes in his face and put metal there. He is not a bull. He looks kind in the pic next to you, but also like he could easily bench press you. The name sounds like he should have been in “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” or in this case, “My Big Fat French-Canadian Wedding.”

Also, thank you for acquainting me with a page I again was not aware of: an evil dictator/Dennis Rodman’s BFF looking at fish and glass bottles (smiling in that one).

Haha, “Kim Jong Il Looking At Things” was one of my favorite blogs while the dear leader was alive. I’m not sure what made it so funny, but it always made me laugh!

• kerbey says:

Oh, I confused with Il with Un. Dang! Well, I’m sure they’re both very lovely, even-tempered leaders NOT, with lots of down time for looking at things. KJ the Younger should be looking at this blog.

I hope he does. It’ll expand his worldview a bit! Perhaps a sense of humor and appreciation of others will help him behave in a more humane fashion.

• amb says:

Kerbey, my darling, the fact that he could easily bench press me if he so chose is a large part of the appeal 😉

• amb says:

That, plus the fact that he’s one of the best informed and most articulate music journalists/radio hosts in the business, and can get artists to talk about the decisions they make and why they do the things they do like no one else working today. But, you know, the body and the deep soulful eyes help, too 😉

i love hnic too! great name and i’m a huge don cherry groupiefan.

Stepped away for a bit, but I see I’ve been missing all kinds of fun around here. A special edition of FNITN even!

All the funny name news that’s FNITN to printn, and more!

I’m so pleased that you came up with that phrase, “All the funny name news that’s FNITN to printn, and more!”

That may have to become a slogan of ours!

6. I love everything about this, especially the last picture resurfacing from another post.

Dave–It looks like you had to “dig deep” for this one. 🙂

7. Pingback: Lemon Andersen | The Blog of Funny Names

awwwww…. that’s a sweet post, Dave! And sounds like you and Arto have man crushes on Strombo as well 😉