Lemon Andersen

Hello, kittens.

I’m sorry I haven’t been by to see you in a while. Do you remember the day when I sat you down and we had a little talk about Rob and his schedule and how sometimes grownups have to do things they don’t want to do … like work for a living? Well, today is the day for part two of that talk, I’m afraid. I promise you I’m not going far – how could I, when I so obviously hold a place of such esteem in Dave’s heart that he feels compelled to dedicate FNITN posts to me on a regular basis? – but from now on I’m going to be visiting with your sugary dose of showbiz gossip and funny names only once a month.

I know. I miss you guys already, too.

Hi, Lemon! I love your work.

Hi, Lemon! I love your work.

But this could turn out to be a good thing! Having ice cream for dinner every day might seem like a great idea in theory, but with no moderation you’d get sick of that cool, velvety treat eventually, right? And, um, fall into a diabetic coma? But not before, erm, suffering through the mother of all ice cream headaches first? (Ack. This metaphor was supposed to make me sound a lot more delicious). The point, kittens, is that when I am here you’re just going to appreciate me all that much more.

Especially when I arrive bearing delectable names like Lemon Andersen.

My extremely mature solution for dealing with the dreaded 3pm wall in Corporate World is to eat chocolate and listen to something a little different than my patented jazz-pop-country-folk mix. Lately my 3pm has been all about Green & Black’s Organic chocolate and the “Inside Man” soundtrack. Which is where Lemon and I met.

Now, “Inside Man” is a favourite heist movie of mine, and I am ashamed to say that I thought I had its funny names bona fides covered with my well documented love of Chiwetel Eijiofor. To that I can only say Lemon, my darling, I am so sorry.

On film, Lemon has collaborated on a number of Spike Lee Joints in addition to “Inside Man” and also had a role in “The Soloist” starring Robert Downey Jr and Jamie Foxx. But the reason my little theatre geek heart loves him the most is because he is also an original, Tony Award winning cast member of The Russell Simmons Def Poetry Jam and has starred in productions of Slanguage and ToasT.

Plus, you know, the dude’s name is Lemon. What’s not to love?

PS: Kittens, if you don’t want to run out and watch this movie after watching the opening scene below, then I don’t know if we can be friends anymore. I’m kidding! You know I can’t wait to see you next month. But you should all go and watch “Inside Man” anyway.

love amb

About amb

Would rather spend time in TV land than Corporate World. Writes at wordsbecomesuperfluous.com and wishes she was more like Ingrid Bergman.
This entry was posted in funny names in movies, funny names in tv and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Lemon Andersen

(Deep breath, clenched fists, best blurb face)

Erhem, uh . . . Amb may have picked a “Lemon” but that’s hardly what we’d call this sprightly, zesty “twist” through the entertainment world . . .

Oh, what’s the use? I can’t blurb! I just don’t have it anymore! I’m all washed up! Bwaaahhhaaaaahaaaaaaaa!

I thought this was going to be a post about a lady, perhaps even Loni’s long-lost sister (I know Anderson is spelled differently). But that criminal, staring at me, looks like a man. Really, all fruit names should be limited to females. See: Gwyneth Paltrow and the whole Apple debacle.

I know there’s a Meadowlark Lemon (he was on the short-live series, “Hello, Larry”), but Lemon as a FIRST name? I love lemons, don’t get me wrong. Isn’t there a U2 song about lemons?

I see that Lemon is a spoken word artist. I’m gonna go listen to his Air Jordan speech. That’s what the internet is for. I mean that’s what the internet Eijiofor.

I didn’t know that Meadowlark Lemon was an actor, but he was one of the most famous Harlem Globetrotters! So much knowledge and education going on here at the BoFN!

• kerbey says:

Oh, I saw the Harlem Globetrotters several times in the 80s, but mostly I remember Curly, the bald one. Yes, so much truthiness. Or TRUFINESS if we’re P. Diddy.

• Liz says:

Hello, Larry!

i really really love the name lemon and wish he could marry liz lemon.

4. Pingback: Lemon Andersen | Tinseltown Times

I do dedicate a lot of posts to you, don’t I? 🙂 Thanks for reminding me of that Interview Trail post. I was so sleep deprived and overstimulated during that trip that I forgot ever writing that post – but there were so many funny names at the R&R Hall of Fame!

you’re fun to read, amb 🙂 Lest you think I don’t do as you ask, I am watching season 1, disc 1 of Whose Line is it Anyway? as I type. So as for this Inside Man thing: I am IN.

Firstly, SHAKESPEARE!!!!! Secondly, could there BE anymore big names in that star-studded cast? Off to find it on netflix. Thanks for yet another awesome recommend.