Welcome to Earth, Dashiel Edan – daughter of Milla Jovovich

Milla and Paul

Pregnant Milla and Paul (Credit: Splash News)

A breaking news update!

Funny names blog fixture, zombie-killer, and actress/model/musician Milla Jovovich and her husband, director Paul W.S. Anderson have welcomed a delightful little kidlet into the world. Their baby girl has been named Dashiel Edan.

To tell you the truth, we (and by we, I mean Dave, who is me) have all been eagerly anticipating the naming of this little child, whose birth was announced on April Fools Day, and led us to wonder if this was for real or not. It’s possible that it’s the most impressive, highly-orchestrated April Fool’s pregnancy announcement ever, but..

Milla & Ever, enjoying fine foods with chopsticks!

Milla & Ever, enjoying fine foods with chopsticks! (credit: Milla Jovovich’s Instagram)

at Funny Names HQ, we know that the Jovovich-Anderson family loves awesome names, as we’ve previously featured the delightful Ever Gabo, who is still the youngest person to earn a standalone post on this blog.  So the name Dashiel Edan is very much in keeping with Jovovich-Anderson naming conventions.

Little Ever is now 7 years old, and though she is no longer slaying zombies with somersault kicks (or so we think…), she is presumably doing equally awesome things. According to E!’s interview with Jovovich:

“She keeps saying, ‘Don’t get her anything new. She can wear all my clothes,'” Jovovich says, and adds with a laugh, “She’s so economical.”

Way to be frugal, Ever!

Congratulations to the entire Anderson-Jovovich family, and best wishes in the days, weeks, months and years ahead!

About Dave

Based out of San Diego, California. Co-founder of the Blog of Funny Names. funnynamesblog.wordpress.com

25 Responses to Welcome to Earth, Dashiel Edan – daughter of Milla Jovovich

1. Pingback: Milla gives birth two days late to baby Dashiel!! | ORL Entertainment

Well, all I can think of when I hear that is Dashiell Hammett, author of The Maltese Falcon. Surely one wouldn’t name one’s daughter after a man who wrote so much about drinking. Enod reminds me of Enid, Oklahoma or perhaps the Land of Nod. Doesn’t exactly roll of the tongue, this one. Really works the jaw. Almost the opposite of a nice, flowy, flowery name like Isabella. I have to say thumbs down to Milla, while applauding Ever’s thrift.

Haha, Arto’s response was “How literary!” when I texted him about the news yesterday, so I think quite a few of us got that impression.

If she goes by “Dash” instead, then I think Dash Edon and Ever Gabo have the same type of cadence, which is kind of cool!

Also, totally thumbs up to unusual celebrity baby names! They help keep us employed here at the BoFN! 🙂

Hey, it turns out the name is Dashiel Edan, and the Yahoo article announcing it got the name wrong (they also called Ever Gabo “Ever Garbo”!)… Edan reminds me of the Garden of Eden! That’s much more pleasant than Enid or the land of Nod!

3. Bumba says:

What do they name those dogs? I thought the one on the right was a dashiel.

4. Bumba says:

Going to the dogs, an appropriate direction for you my friend.

5. Didn’t Milla star in a some science-fictiony movies? The reason I ask is that Dashiel Enod is an anagram of Halides Done and as we all know Halides are binary compound, of which one part is a halogen atom and the other part is an element or radical that is less electronegative (or more electropositive) than the halogen, to make a fluoride, chloride, bromide, iodide, or astatide compound.

That’s pretty science-fictiony. Or maybe I’m over thinking this.

Wow, Maxwell! You are the smartest dog I know! She certainly did star in a lot of science-fictiony movies – The Fifth Element, the Resident Evil series, and the movie Ultraviolet. I’m so impressed with your science knowledge – it took me years of coursework before I became familiar with halides!

can’t wait for the little one to wear – D.E.A. – t- shirts, and watch people’s responses.

7. markbialczak says:

This baby is going to always be Thin! They didn’t Dashiell your hopes with this name, did they, King Dave?

Haha, they most certainly did not! It’s hard to follow up Ever Gabo, but Dashiel Edan is a pretty darn strong name!