Deez Nuts for President?

No FNITN this week because somebody is out in Iceland and Finland, and somebody else is busy making a bunch of science videos and has a lot of random stuff to do and has written the last two FNITNs!

But…. I didn’t want to leave y’all hanging, so I bring you the delightfully strange news that a 15-year-old Iowan named Deez Nuts is polling at 9% in a North Carolina survey.

Deez Nuts

I don’t know much else, other than that the kid seems like a true blue (or true red, or true green because he’s independent?) funny names lover! He said that his next goal is to have a vice presidential running mate, and floated the possibility of Limberbutt McCubbins, a Kentucky cat, who had also filed official presidential paperwork.

Are we about to see a President Deez Nuts? Unlikely, due to that pesky 35-year-old age limit. Not only that, but his favorability ratings leave a bit to be desired. The poll said that 6% of North Carolina voters had a favorable opinion of Deez Nuts, while 13 percent were unfavorable, and 81% weren’t sure. That equals a -7% net favorability rating, and also proves that 19% of people will just make up random stuff for political polls.

We’ve never endorsed a political candidate before at the Blog of Funny Names (although we were blessed last election with Barack Hussein Obama and Willard Mitt Romney), but if Deez Nuts keeps polling in the respectable range, it might be a time to start! I, for one, would love a Nutz-McCubbins ticket, and a surprisingly strong performance in the Iowa caucuses can do wonders for a dark horse political campaign!

About Dave

Based out of San Diego, California. Co-founder of the Blog of Funny Names. funnynamesblog.wordpress.com

13 Responses to Deez Nuts for President?

1. midlifemeg says:

I love this with my whole heart.

Deez loves you too! (At least that’s what he’d say if he was a typical pandering politician 🙂 )

… but he’s not! He’s the straight-talking, shoot-from-the-hip working class hero! He’ll let his actions and policies do the talking!!

deez for prez! i would love him so much.

3. Over those choices, I’d vote for Mr. Nuts in a heartbeat.
    Deez Nuts 2016!!!

“. . . Deez Nuts may be trailing nationally but Dave is surging ahead with this latest campaign blockbuster . . .”

” . . . all the focus groups are putting Dave on top as they laud this poll-shattering new post . . .”

“. . . like they said in Monty Python, you don’t vote for kings, but if we could King Dave would be riding the crest of victory . . .”

“. . . it doesn’t take a town meeting to know that Dave speaks to the people . . .”

“. . . Dave 2016 . . .”

I want to put this one in the comment hall of fame! I’ll make sure to remember this one when I run for office! It’s so good to know that the I have the vote of the blurb machine!

Well, he has certainly been late night TV show fodder, that’s for sure. Jimmy Fallon laughs each time he says it. I imagine boys are high-fiving him as he walks down the hall. He probably has more friends now. Maybe he calls them Doze Nuts.

Hahaha, that’s amazing! One of the things I miss most about TV is late night TV shows, even though Craig Ferguson is no longer there – Arto and I became big fans of Craig in Craig’s early days (2005-2006 or so), and even attended a live taping… the only time I’ve been in a studio audience.

9% is pretty darn good for an independent candidate. I think Deez Nuts is onto something. If I went to high school with the kid, I’d totally want to be one of Doze Nuts. He seems like a cool kid to hang out with!

6. Deez Nuts for president. It was a trip just to know that something you just did on a humbug could just get taken 21 — over 21 years later — and made into something that has to do with the presidential election,” Warren G told MSNBC.