Rav3 for Dav3 Day 3!

We continue our ongoing DaveFest today with another entry to celebrate our resident boxing enthusiast, Prince fanatic, medical student and professional name appreciator.

On Monday,  the inimitable Fannie Cranium got us going and updated us on his health issue, and ways we can contribute to his GoFundMe page. Yesterday we had a delightful ode from the wonderful Kerbey, so check that out too!

Today I’m happy to pop in and deliver my silly little ode to Dave in the form of a “poem” made up of slightly modified Muhammad Ali quotes.

This is the legend of Cassius Dave,

The most beautiful fighter in the world today.

alibird

Float like a Prince fan dancing to Purple Rain,

Sting like a needle off the hands of a med student

Ouch!

Dave comes out to meet you and you start to retreat,

if you go back an inch farther you’ll end up in a ringside seat.

And then after he’s beat you,

he’ll come back there and treat you!

Dave’s done something new for this fight.

Wrestled with an alligator. Tussled with a whale.

Handcuffed lightning,  thrown thunder in jail.

Only last week he murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick. He’s so mean he makes medicine sick.”

(Well, hopefully not. We all know he’s a kindly soul! Only Dr. Spaceman can make medicine sick.)

And as the Great Dave once said,

“I want everyone to bear witness, I am the greatest!”

One day Dave will be as great a man of science as Dr. Spaceman

For every struggle that Dave survived,

For every dispute he endured, to rise,

Dave will go down in history

as a model for champs to come!

ali2
In a late interview, Ali laid out his recipe for life, which Dave has followed, with just a few special additions:

He took a few cups of love.

He took one tablespoon of patience,

One teaspoon of generosity,

One pint of kindness.

He took one quart of laughter,

One pinch of concern.

And then, he mixed willingness with happiness.

Adding a sprinkling of Canadian indie music,

A full teaspoon of I’ve Been Everywhere lyrics,

Mixed in a love for a challenge,

And a closet full of red jackets

And he stirred it up well.

Then he spread it over a span of a lifetime,

And he served it to each and every deserving person he met.

Thanks Dave! We rave on!

About Arto

Co-founder of the Funny Names Blog, Hawaiian shirt enthusiast, and holder of a funny name himself with too many vowels for any sensible person. Currently residing in San Diego, California, scouring through obscure documents on a hunt for more funny names. www.funnynamesblog.wordpress.com
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Rav3 for Dav3 Day 3!

1. Reblogged this on Fannie Cranium's and commented:

Rav3 for Dav3 Part 3 over at the BoFN. #RaveForDave

2. You have a gift for words. 🙂

In the words of Buddy Holly, yes, RAVE ON. I literally just walked in the door from the doctor’s office and am SO GLAD that my doctor was not Chris Parnell. Seriously, will Dave wind up changing the rules and wearing red doctor coats? I think this part of the recipe–” mixed willingness with happiness” is a good life lesson. We have to be willing!

Thank you for taking care of the recipe part, Arto, so I do not have to publish one. Your poem has a certain hip-hop vibe to it and I think we should all dance to it. While we drink that cocktail created from you oh so many posts ago. Good to read you again. You done your buddy proud 😀 Hope all is well enough on your end.

• Arto says:

Things are certainly well enough. Or to use other Midwestern parlance, “not too bad” and “could be worse”. Haha, you are my people up there.

I think we all agree I’m authentically hip hop. Glad you were able to groove to it. Sorry if I at your recipe, couldn’t resist including it! Good to be back on the blog again after so long.

• Liz says:

Since we’re of the same Scandinavian cloth, you must know that my gratitude was genuine and you did not at my recipe (??). I had no recipe and am now off the hook. Glad things are well enough and could be worse, not too bad. My oldest has come up with a good one. To her, everything is “mediocre.” Why dare hope for more? 😉 Hip hop hip hoppity hop.

• Arto says:

Oh dear, I used all my words in the post and only had “at’ left for the comment! Typing this at the car service waiting room so I will blame my phone for that one. Hah.

Mediocre! What a strange one. I wonder if she got it from the new Mad Max movie, where that was a semi catch phrase.

I think Dave would say to her, “always dare to hope for more!”

Dearest Arto, this was ridiculous and beautiful – I couldn’t help but smile. Not too many people can pull off that combo. Thank you. Much love, my man!

“. . . Day 3 of the Dave Rave sweeps across the webscape like a total solar eclipse, serving up a big, cosmic ‘Wow!’ as the inimitable Arto comes online . . .”

“. . . fresh revelations from Arto lay out the Prince-King connection . . . Who knew? . . .”

“. . . a rumble in the jungle . . .”

“. . . Arto’s gifts are on full display as he rallies for Dave . . .”

“. . . Arto’s irrepressible comic pizzazz rivals that of the King himself . . .”

7. Rio says:

LOL (That stands for really funny.)

8. Pingback: Rayve 4 Dayve | The Blog of Funny Names

9. amb says:

I appreciate the sprinkling of Canadian indie music in particular, and really all of the wonderfulness of this post in general 🙂