Rave For Dave Campaign #6, by beth k

Today special guest blogger, Beth, from I Didn’t Have My Glasses On, is helping us get out the word.

dave and i first crossed paths on his blog site, the blog of funny names, a few years back. since then, he has made quite the journey. while he cranked out blogs with some of the most unusual and humorous names (and their stories), that have ever existed, he made the decision to go to medical school. at that point, he enlisted the help of fellow bloggers to offer their takes on this theme and to keep the blog up and running. (can you believe it, who would give up such a incredible enterprise like writing a humor blog for something so serious as medical school?!)

while in medical school, with his studies focusing on becoming a neurologist, only to soon live with the most ironic twist of all, discovering the news that he himself had a brain tumor, and needed all of his wisdom and strength to fight this terrible beast.

as is his way, he continued to help others and to attend medical school, all while undergoing his own treatment program. after two surgeries and numerous rounds of chemo, dave is still standing and more resolute than ever.

the NBC affiliate in san diego, california, recently covered his extraordinary story. You can hear it in his words here.

in addition to this, dave’s sister, vanessa, set up a GoFundMe page and he is making great progress in his goal to help cover his medical expenses. click here if you are able to support dave in the greatest battle of his life.

dave in his various modes of dress

for two weeks, we, some of his greatest fans, have been, and will continue to, share stories and wishes for dave, as we follow him on his latest  journey to recovery.

as an ode to dave and his love of funny names, i have found another dave who has changed his name to this:

James Dr No From Russia with Love Goldfinger Thunderball You Only Live Twice On Her Majesty’s Secret Service Diamonds Are Forever Live and Let Die The Man with the Golden Gun The Spy Who Loved Me Moonraker For Your Eyes Only Octopussy A View to a Kill The Living Daylights Licence to Kill Golden Eye Tomorrow Never Dies The World Is Not Enough Die Another Day Casino Royale Bond

According to the Scotsman, this James Bond fanatic has changed his name to incorporate all 21 Bond films. David Fearn, 23, from Staffordshire is now officially known as “James Dr No From Russia With Love Goldfinger Thunderball You Only Live .[you get the idea] Bond”, the longest name in deed poll history. Mr Bond, from Walsall, said: “I wanted to be James Bond and now I am – it’s the ultimate fantasy. I can’t wait for the first time somebody asks me what my name is.”

Inline image 1

here’s to you, dave, and may you beat the bad guys once more –

beth

About Fannie Cranium

Writing since she could first hold a pen, Tracy Perkins formed her alter ego, "Fannie Cranium" at the suggestion of her husband. Tracy understands smiling makes people wonder what she’s been up to.
This entry was posted in Rave For Dave and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Rave For Dave Campaign #6, by beth k

Reblogged this on I didn't have my glasses on…. and commented:
    here’s to my friend, dave.

i want you to start working on a name for yourself to rival this one, dave –

3. Poignant and such a worthwhile cause, Beth. Thank you.

“. . . ksbeth explodes onto the BoFN scene like a new gizmo from Q and serves up a post that’s shaken, not stirred . . .”

“. . . ksbeth has the Midas touch as she whips out the golden gun and shoots off one Moonraker of a guest post celebrating Dave, that not-so-secret agent we all know and love . . .”

“. . . one of the best BoFN names EVER . . . it almost makes up for that cheesy melting Bond villain igloo lair getaway in Die Another Day . . .”

“. . . it’s an Odd Job getting ksbeth to finally post, but this diamond is forever . . .”

“. . . we hope there’s some ‘quantum of solace’ for Mr. Bond, formerly Fearn, because he’s certainly in for a ‘skyfall’ when he confronts the ‘spectre’ of only getting one of the Daniel Craig movies into his name . . .”

“. . . er . . . the temptation to make the obligatory Octop*ssy Ri*t quip is strong in this one, but we will exercise restraint . . . right? . . .”

5. Great post, Beth! What can I possibly say to follow up with one of MDiddy’s fabulous blurbs?

6. Reblogged this on Fannie Cranium's and commented:

Rave for Dave Day 6 over at the BoFN.

Oh, my! I think I would have stuck with Dave. I hope someone explains to him that just having the name doesn’t make him the real (only in fiction) James Bond. Will he change it when new movies are released? And goodness only knows what he may ask his wife to change her FIRST name to!

Thanks Peaches! This was another touching tribute, and I hope to do you all proud!

What an amazing name that David put together! I’m gonna stick with Dave…for now…

at least you know what the competition looks like )

11. amb says:

This post is the funnest! Much like yourself 🙂 And timely, too, since Daniel Craig has just confirmed that he will, in fact, be coming back as my favourite Bond for another installment. Yay !!!

Finally getting around to reading this, Beth. Well done! That’s a great funny-name find. And the comment thread is positively Golden. Finger, eye, gun, all of it 🙂

Love that we’ve met officially now. You are an A+ class act human being and I am fortunate to know you. Which somehow all comes back to knowing Dave, yes?

13. I had not heard Dave’s story until finding this post searching for humor blogs on wordpress. What a story! I do hope for the best for him as he faces these tremendous challenges. I find humor helps smooth out rough patches but this is no laughing matter. Love the James Bond inspired name and I’m sure I’ve been in line behind this guy when he was signing to make a credit card purchase. I’m sorry now that I snapped and made inappropriate comments.