We miss Dave and Arto’s inimitable comic zing, so we’re going to dive into the archives and relive some of those magical moments.
I remember getting to the point where I could tell Dave and Arto apart without seeing the byline. But it took a while. Now, here’s a chance for you to test, hone, or otherwise develop such skills.
Below, we take some of the classic intros from Funny Names in the News. Is it Dave or is it Arto? You decide. Answers are at the bottom. No cheating!
Yo yo yo, it’s time for a Fabulous Friday Funny Names in the News – now celebrating its 106th edition!
Is it summer already… I guess it is… and you know what that means!
Kristaps will have his hands full as he adapts to a new “five players and one basketball” format here in America.
Yes, it means the NBA draft has rolled around (obviously!), and all sorts of tall dudes will find out where they’ll be spending the next couple of years.
Hey everyone, I’m here! It’s true, I am!
We have some news from the past week involving some really funny names, so let’s read on.
Get on your Sparklehorses, folks! It’s another star-studded edition of Funny Names in the News… now completing its second year (104 weeks means 2 years, right? Right?!?)
Hello dear readers, it’s Friday! Whoohoo! The word Friday is of course derived from the Old English “day of the Frigg”, referring to the goddess Frigg, associated with Venus, who was associated with Fridays. Why? Because she was friggin’ awesome!
Howdy doody cowboys!!! Notice how I didn’t capitalize “cowboys” there? There’s a reason for that… there ain’t none “Cowboys” in today’s post. Instead, there’ll be a few Patriots, and a couple of Seahawks. Plus our usual assortment of funny names in the news. Sounds like a party!
Hello hello, and welcome to the very first Funny Names in the News of 2015!
I think it’s the first, I haven’t quite been paying attention. I’ll probably still be writing 2014 in the date fields of most forms for the next six months. Some of [us] take a moment to adjust to these things.
Aha! Fooled ya! This is a final mystery link! Will it take us to Dave, or Arto? Flip a coin, pull off daisy petals, or use any preferred either-or decision making protocol, folks!
1) Dave, June 26, 2015: “Funny Names in the News 106, with Kristaps Porzingis, Panda’s Friend, Santa, and the New York Knickerbockers”
2) Arto, June 12, 2015: “Funny Names in the News 105 with Ruffles and Acronym Madness”
3) Dave, May 15, 2015: “Eldrick Tont ‘Tiger’ Woods, and Sparkle Lee Headline a Punchy Funny Names in The News 104”
4) Arto, May 8, 2015: “Funny Names in the News Vol. 103 – Range Anxiety Edition”
5) Dave, January 30, 2015: “Funny Super Bowl Names, Page 3 Girls and More – It’s Funny Names in the News 97”
6) Arto, January 16, 2015: “Funny Names in the News Vol. 96! Now with Excellence in Sound Editing!”