Top Posts & Pages
- Funny Named Ballplayers on Film OR: What Happens When Amb Tries to Talk About Sports
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Verlin E. "Lew" Jenkins, "The Sweet Swatter from Sweetwater, Texas"
- John Ridley Stroop
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Huddie Ledbetter, aka Lead Belly
- Gertrude Grubb and her powerful pension
Most Popular Names
Search Results for: norwegian
Even those here who were actually paying attention to my “Norwegian jazz name” thing (and probably just to be nice) have probably forgotten all about it. It’s like remembering what you had for breakfast a year ago. I won’t blame … Continue reading
We continue our alphabetical exploration of the Norwegian jazz scene, which started by chance but continues with plodding, mind-numbing deliberateness. But if you’re just joining us, don’t fall asleep just yet! We are on percussionists and the letter H, which turns … Continue reading
Somebody had to do this. Well, actually, no, nobody had to do this at all, but let’s get started anyway! This will only get us halfway there, I’m afraid. We start with “A,” a tough call for jazz bassists, but … Continue reading
Downbeat. The Pantheon. Animal House. Amherst. Doogie Howzer. What do these things have in common? Well, they’re all connected to that thing where I trawl Wikipedia to collect names of jazzmen and jazzwomen and put up another kooky post. Jazz. … Continue reading