Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Fannie's Favorite Town Names in Washington State
- Funny Names in the Olympics Continued : Funniest Olympic Medalist Names Of All Time
- Gylfi Sigurðsson
- Virgil Runnels, Jr.
- Kerry McCluggage
- Guy Goma, or How to Go with the Flow
- Dominique Moceanu: When Dominique "Domi" Dominated
- Paddy Barnes and Funny Names of Boxers at the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics, but don't say that to their faces!
Most Popular Names
Author Archives: markbialczak
Back when I was wet behind the ears, I dreamed about being a writer for BoFN. Then King Dave opened his big, fuzzy heart and let me into the big leagues. Well, something like that. I was writing along at … Continue reading
With the Summer Games about to heat up in Rio, the news will not stop. Dirty water. Dreaded disease. Potential terrorism. Representation from a certain nation disqualified for doping the last get-together. The committee for that nation appealing said disqualification … Continue reading
There’s are two phrases I might shout out when I hear somebody come down the road of life saddled with a certain sort of name. Yes, I did this even before I wrote for BoFN. Say baseball player like Henry … Continue reading
Ah, library aisles. Perfect for researching candidates for the Blog of Funny Names. Sonja Lyubomirsky? The author of The Myths of Happiness? You betcha. Especially when I turn over the book and find the first blurb on the back cover … Continue reading
OK, readers of the Blog of Funny Names, today we dip our sticks into the world of paint. Yes, I may have been around too many open cans while working in the paint department at the store. But I can’t … Continue reading