Top Posts & Pages
- Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Happy Independence Day! Vote Toward a More Funny-Named Union!
- Íslensku Jólasveinarnir, The Icelandic Yule Lads
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Arlene Klasky and Gabor Csupo
- Dick Butkus
- Ron Tugnutt
- Danger Fourpence and the Eleven Weirdest Names in Soccer
Most Popular Names
Author Archives: wdydfae
My pop introduced me to early jazz through his large collection of 78s. From those thick, heavy, swiftly spinning disks emerged the crackling sounds of such greats as Thomas Wright “Fats” Waller, Bessie Smith, known in her day as Empress … Continue reading
Okilly Dokilly: World’s first Nedal band says it’s “Not as fast as Bartcore, and a little cleaner than Krusty Punk”
You can file this one under “You Can’t Make This Stuff Up.” Except, somebody did make it up, that is, the band members. Their real names (unfortunately for us here at BoFN) are shrouded in mystery. But the stage names … Continue reading
You hang around the BoFN crew long enough, you start picking up their habits. Like, let’s suppose Fannie or Kerbey wrote about Sufjan Stevens, who has a recording label called Asthmatic Kitty. They definitely wouldn’t just let that just slip … Continue reading
It was fun playing “Is It Dave or Is It Arto” with the FNitN pickings last time. Now we dive–or should I say a Daive?–into the comment sections of yore, to relive some luminous moments when either one or the … Continue reading