Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Izzy Skenazy, Child Prodigy
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin
- Goodbye Stephen Colbert & Munchma Quchi, and Hello Brandybuck Cumberbund! It's Funny Names in the News 95!
- Herman Poole Blount aka Sun Ra
- Gutzon Borglum, Man of Many Explosive Faces
- Ro Lady Lala Mara, First Lady of Fiji
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
Most Popular Names
Author Archives: wdydfae
The Blog of Funny Names has been no stranger to the musical stylings of Pikotaro, whose inspired nonsense once swept the world as a viral sensation. Pikotaro returns now with some helpful guidance in these difficult times, and with a … Continue reading
This old man came rolling home last Spring: “It is with heavy hearts we announce that early this morning, May 30th, 2019, Leon Redbone crossed the delta for that beautiful shore at the age of 127.” In fact, he was … Continue reading
BoFN Rating: This post has been rated PG for weasel-ripped flesh and suggestive (if somewhat puzzling) lyrics. It was only a matter of time before Frank Zappa’s progeny made their way to these hallowed pages, but Frank, undoubtedly stranger than … Continue reading
In the good land of BoFN when Christmas drew near Folk were having . . . not quite universal good cheer. For in fact, there was one . . . er, his name we can’t say . . . Whud … Continue reading
My pop introduced me to early jazz through his large collection of 78s. From those thick, heavy, swiftly spinning disks emerged the crackling sounds of such greats as Thomas Wright “Fats” Waller, Bessie Smith, known in her day as Empress … Continue reading