Top Posts & Pages
- Lena Dunham, Zosia Mamet and Jemima Kirke
- Welcome to Pawnee, Indiana
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Chicken Alaska, Doesn't that Sound Delicious?
- A Cornelius Sighting and Zoard Action! It Must Be Funny Names In The News - Week IV
- Olympia Dukakis, and How She Makes the World a Better Place
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- What's the Funniest Town or City Name in Finland?
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
Most Popular Names
Author Archives: wdydfae
We continue our alphabetical exploration of the Norwegian jazz scene, which started by chance but continues with plodding, mind-numbing deliberateness. But if you’re just joining us, don’t fall asleep just yet! We are on percussionists and the letter H, which turns … Continue reading
I won’t blame you if you didn’t notice the transformation, but I used to be the BoFNite that believed in “Funny Name Scarcity.” Yeah, that was me. Now I’m the guy who plows through piles of funny names like they … Continue reading
For everything there is a season. A time to fight. A fight for tactical retreat. A time to rally and re-engage. And a time to wave the white flag. That’s where we are now, with funny names, and jazz. And … Continue reading
Here we wind up our alphabetical odyssey through the names of jazz bassists, searching for the most numerous numinous names, whether Norwegian or non. Our Norse friends are being singled out, but only because they brought so much attention to … Continue reading
We learn a lot of things at this joint. Things like, whoa, Norway totally dominates funny jazz bass names. At least for the first half of the alphabet. Now we’re here to see if it’s true for M-S. Place your … Continue reading