Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Alert, Qiqiqtaaluk Region, Nunavut
- Funny Names in the Olympics Continued : Funniest Olympic Medalist Names Of All Time
- Gylfi Sigurðsson
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
- Fannie's Favorite Town Names in Washington State
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Willie Harcourt-Cooze and Chocolate for Everyone!*
- Rube Waddell
Most Popular Names
Category Archives: funny name theory
Today I am standing on my soap box—because I’m too short for you to see me otherwise—and whispering, because if you want people to pay attention, you whisper. And have a slice of Chocolate Bourbon Cake. I understand it’s one … Continue reading
Waka/Jawaka, Zoot Allures! and Sheik Yerbouti: Toward a Neo Pre Post-Critical Para(dig)m in Named “Humoro(us)ness”
Guest contribution by Wendelyn Dufeaux (PhD), Professor of Arts and Humanities at DaveArto Institute for Advanced Cultural Studies, Boffen University To interrogate Funny Name “Theory”, as Camarilla Brilo has in Named Funniness: De-Colonizing Humoric Nominalism, is to disclose its underlying … Continue reading