Join 2,652 other subscribers
Top Posts & Pages
- Dominic ffytche
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Frank Hickingbotham, Georgia and Herren, too: fro yo royalty
- Amazing and Funny Planet Names and Butterbean magic - Funny Names In The News 110
- William John Cavendish Cavendish-Scott-Bentinck, the Eccentric 5th Duke of Portland
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Kash Kade Biermann Ushers In Funny Names In The News 9
- Gertrude Grubb and her powerful pension
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
Most Popular Names
Category Archives: funny names in baseball
With Minor League Baseball’s annual Moniker Madness competition just a few weeks away, what better time to investigate and recount the stories of two of the most curious names in baseball history? Not only are the names unusual, but … Continue reading
“My work is destroyed almost as soon as it’s printed. One day it’s being read; the next day someone’s wrapping fish in it.”–Al Capp Joe Btfsplk was an infamous character in the long running comic strip L’il Abner, by the late cartoonist, … Continue reading
“I learn to run fast stealing chickens.”–Minnie Minoso “What’s in a name?”–William Shakespeare As Major League Baseball kicks off it’s 139th season–the third baseball season for The Blog of Funny Names–what better way to celebrate than another look at some … Continue reading
“I grew up with 6 brothers. That’s how I learned to dance–waiting for the bathroom.”–Bob Hope “Big sisters are the crabgrass in the lawn of life.”–Linus (Charles M. Schultz) When it comes to siblings in major professional sports, a few … Continue reading
Due to some unforeseen circumstances (namely a “fire drill” at work – basically an urgent task requiring lots of hours of work in a very short time frame) I have not been able to do much but work and sleep … Continue reading