Top Posts & Pages
- Funny Named Ballplayers on Film OR: What Happens When Amb Tries to Talk About Sports
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Verlin E. "Lew" Jenkins, "The Sweet Swatter from Sweetwater, Texas"
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- John Ridley Stroop
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Huddie Ledbetter, aka Lead Belly
- Gertrude Grubb and her powerful pension
Most Popular Names
Category Archives: funny names in comedy
The Blog of Funny Names has been no stranger to the musical stylings of Pikotaro, whose inspired nonsense once swept the world as a viral sensation. Pikotaro returns now with some helpful guidance in these difficult times, and with a … Continue reading
Imagine if you will, entering the world just before the Great Depression. Arriving in Ohio to a working-class family and starting school a year early because you could. Erma Fiste did just that. Writing humorous columns in junior high and … Continue reading
Welcome new readers! Sometimes I like to stretch the limits of funny name-ology like a two-sizes-to-small-1974-purple-polyester-pantsuit because someone with a name that is not so funny gives life to fictional characters who are. Have you ever wondered who was the … Continue reading
If we’re being charitable, we would say that Pikotaro has successfully wrapped up his 15 minutes of fame. Less charitably, Pikotaro has jumped the shark. But that’s not really right, because stage personas like Pikotaro’s are pretty much created to … Continue reading
Hello, readers! Now that it’s September, we move from Olympic Games back to funny names. And the winner winner (chicken dinner) for Freaky Friday’s funny name is Freek de Jonge, the Dutch cabaret performer and writer. Yes, you heard right, folks! Freek it … Continue reading