Top Posts & Pages
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Arthur Lee Samuel, Three First Names?
- Dominique Moceanu: When Dominique "Domi" Dominated
- Welcome to Earth, Dashiel Edan - daughter of Milla Jovovich
- Corn Griffin
- Funny Names in the News 93, with Sax-ophones and Giant Ovens!
- Frank Hickingbotham, Georgia and Herren, too: fro yo royalty
- Roscoe E Rodda, Bob Born born of Sam Born, and their Peeps
Most Popular Names
Category Archives: Funny names in History
Welcome back funny names fans. After last week’s Norwegian Drummers taking over the air waves of Jazz, I thought this week we should go a completely different direction. Celebrities with birthdays on July 24th: Happy birthday to you! Jennifer Lopez … Continue reading
November 23, 1942, 750 miles off the Amazon coast of Brazil: British armed merchant ship SS Benlomond traveled without convoy from Cape Town, South Africa, en route to Paramaribo, Suriname, six days from her destination. Accounts vary on the crew … Continue reading
Glinda, the Good Witch, told Dorothy to tap her heels together three time and say, “There’s no place like home”. Glinda was right. One of my history buff friends suggested our next guest, Chief Slugamus Koquilton, formerly of Muckleshoot, Washington, … Continue reading
Maybe Hildegard von Bingen is about as funny in German as Sally F. Johnson is in English. In other words, not very funny. But in response to that objection all I have to say is . . . Bing! Anyway, … Continue reading