Top Posts & Pages
- Lena Dunham, Zosia Mamet and Jemima Kirke
- Welcome to Pawnee, Indiana
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
- What's the Funniest Town or City Name in Finland?
- Yngwie Malmsteen, Guitar God
- Chicken Alaska, Doesn't that Sound Delicious?
- A Cornelius Sighting and Zoard Action! It Must Be Funny Names In The News - Week IV
- Olympia Dukakis, and How She Makes the World a Better Place
- Dominic ffytche
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
Most Popular Names
Category Archives: Funny names in History
Welcome back funny names fans. After last week’s Norwegian Drummers taking over the air waves of Jazz, I thought this week we should go a completely different direction. Celebrities with birthdays on July 24th: Happy birthday to you! Jennifer Lopez … Continue reading
November 23, 1942, 750 miles off the Amazon coast of Brazil: British armed merchant ship SS Benlomond traveled without convoy from Cape Town, South Africa, en route to Paramaribo, Suriname, six days from her destination. Accounts vary on the crew … Continue reading
Glinda, the Good Witch, told Dorothy to tap her heels together three time and say, “There’s no place like home”. Glinda was right. One of my history buff friends suggested our next guest, Chief Slugamus Koquilton, formerly of Muckleshoot, Washington, … Continue reading
Maybe Hildegard von Bingen is about as funny in German as Sally F. Johnson is in English. In other words, not very funny. But in response to that objection all I have to say is . . . Bing! Anyway, … Continue reading