Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- I Dare Say D'Orsay
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Rahsaan Roland Kirk
- Keridatch Aphibarnrat and the Funniest Names in Golf
- The Unkillable Adrian Carton de Wiart
- Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
- What's your favorite Santa Claus Name?
Most Popular Names
Category Archives: Uncategorized
We’ve written about some Dutch names on these pages before – see now-ancient posts about Cornelius Drebbel or Guus Hiddink or (take a breath) Kees A. Schouhamer Immink. But having now lived for almost three years here in the land … Continue reading
I’m betting you’ve never heard the names Antonino and Carol Vincinette LoTempio. I’m also betting, if you are of a certain age, that you’ve heard of them under two very different names. And, of course, you’ve heard them sing. They are publicly … Continue reading
“Women, by their nature, are not exceptional chess players.”–Gary Kasparov, former world chess champion ” We want more women players to take up chess.”–Viswanathan Anand, more recent former world chess champion “I get more upset when I lose at Monopoly.”–Magnus … Continue reading
The short answer is, by rearranging letter magnets on the fridge. The longer answer is more complicated. It involves magical Al Gh’er Rh’ythms of Yoot T’Ooob, whose mysterious workings summon up an almost forgotten album of a Hungary-born guitarist. And … Continue reading