Top Posts & Pages
- What's your favorite Santa Claus Name?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- 2012 Elections : the Funniest and Strangest Names on the Ballot
- Lesane Parish Crooks, aka Tupac Shakur
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
- Hermann Zapf and His Dingbats
- Funny Names in the Olympics Continued : Funniest Olympic Medalist Names Of All Time
- Pleasant Riggs Crump
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
Most Popular Names
Category Archives: Uncategorized
My pop introduced me to early jazz through his large collection of 78s. From those thick, heavy, swiftly spinning disks emerged the crackling sounds of such greats as Thomas Wright “Fats” Waller, Bessie Smith, known in her day as Empress … Continue reading
Flipping through the pages of the August 2019 InSTYLE magazine, I recently stumbled across this Loreal ad of two stunning models, Duckie Thot and Luma Grothe. While one could argue that Luma Grothe is a fine funny name in its … Continue reading
Without my readers (not YOU GUYS–my specs), the blurry name above suggests bad-a$$ longhorns, the mascot of my alma mater. But using my prescription readers, I can sound it out as it should be. Bal-das-SA-reh. Say it with your fingers … Continue reading
Okilly Dokilly: World’s first Nedal band says it’s “Not as fast as Bartcore, and a little cleaner than Krusty Punk”
You can file this one under “You Can’t Make This Stuff Up.” Except, somebody did make it up, that is, the band members. Their real names (unfortunately for us here at BoFN) are shrouded in mystery. But the stage names … Continue reading
Ready yourselves because today’s funny/interesting/curious name isn’t chock full of vowels or silly sounds or alliteration. ‘Tis true. But it will honor today’s birthday boy (no, not John Travolta), the guy on the one dollar bill. So buckle up, because … Continue reading