Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Izzy Skenazy, Child Prodigy
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin
- Goodbye Stephen Colbert & Munchma Quchi, and Hello Brandybuck Cumberbund! It's Funny Names in the News 95!
- Herman Poole Blount aka Sun Ra
- Gutzon Borglum, Man of Many Explosive Faces
- Ro Lady Lala Mara, First Lady of Fiji
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: academy awards
Strange roads lead to today’s post. My better half viewed old clips of Milton Friedman, a Nobel laureate in Economics, on YouTube. Which made me think, why not Milton Friedman for the BoFN. Then I noticed when Friedman died. November … Continue reading
We recently had a run on twins here at the BoFN. How about twined names. What’s in a name? A lot if your name is Salman Khan. If you Google Salman Khan, the first name to rise to the top … Continue reading
“Awards do not pay the mortgage.”–Kevin Chamberlin I’m taking a poll. All those who don’t agree with the above quote, send me $100. Let’s prove it wrong. Now, let’s get down to business. 2014 may be over, but the awards season for … Continue reading
“I don’t deserve this award. But then I have arthritis and I don’t deserve that, either.”–Jack Benny Oscars…Emmys…Tonys…Pulitzers…who cares? There is a new accolade that every up-and-coming celebrity can now aspire to, over and above anything else out there. Welcome … Continue reading
Note: Fannie Cranium will make her long-awaited Funny Names Blog return (with a special musical number and a special introduction) on Wednesday. – Dave Sunday night, as you may have heard, marked the 85th Academy Awards ceremony, watched by many … Continue reading