Top Posts & Pages
- Funny Named Ballplayers on Film OR: What Happens When Amb Tries to Talk About Sports
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- How do you get to Zsa Zsa Gabor from Gabor Szabo?
- Verlin E. "Lew" Jenkins, "The Sweet Swatter from Sweetwater, Texas"
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Gertrude Grubb and her powerful pension
- Welcome to Earth, Dashiel Edan - daughter of Milla Jovovich
- Whistle While Iwerks
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Fred Funk and showing some Skins on the golf course
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: baseball
We at the BoFN love names with alliteration. Say it with me. Walter Wellesley “Red” Smith. While Smith is not a funny name, add a color and you get a whole lot more. Let’s get the ball rolling. What’s black … Continue reading
Hello all! I have returned from a vacation back to the keyboard and ready to enjoy all the funny names I can rest my eyes upon (not that I took my eyes off funny names on my trip). Let’s get … Continue reading
At the end of last month, my New York Mets traded for an outfielder by the name of Yoenis Céspedes. Yoenis Céspedes Milanés to be exact. This good baseball guy is a 29-year-old native of Cuba, which means that for … Continue reading
A breaking news update, inspired by Mad Mark Sackler, and brought to you delightedly by Dave during the 2015 MLB Draft. The Arizona Diamondbacks (probably one of the best-named teams in major league baseball), drafted awesomely-named Vanderbilt prospect Dansby Swanson! Best … Continue reading
“Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often have you seen a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?”–Jim Boutan I don’t know if baseball players are smarter than football players. But I do know that, in … Continue reading