Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Goodbye Stephen Colbert & Munchma Quchi, and Hello Brandybuck Cumberbund! It's Funny Names in the News 95!
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- The Eephus Pitch
- Moira Quirk
- Gump Worsley Had the Name and Face for Hockey
- Without Akeeba and Rose, We Wouldn't Have Neil Leslie Diamond's Touching Story
- Funny Names in the Olympics Continued : Funniest Olympic Medalist Names Of All Time
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Mr. Bojangles
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: boxing
“Friendship at first sight, like love at first sight, is said to be the only truth.”–Herman Melville Call me Doofus. Some years ago–never mind how long precisely–having little or no life, and nothing in particular to interest me in … Continue reading
Strange roads lead to today’s post. My better half viewed old clips of Milton Friedman, a Nobel laureate in Economics, on YouTube. Which made me think, why not Milton Friedman for the BoFN. Then I noticed when Friedman died. November … Continue reading
A short-but-sweet one for today, as your loyal boxing correspondent has also been serving a brief stint as a student-faculty academic liaison for the last several weeks, and life gets busy. But…. This weekend, Philadelphia-based Puerto-Rican boxer Danny “Swift” Garcia defeated California’s … Continue reading
Whew!!!! Just finished a cardiology final, and I snuck through by the skin of my teeth, which is a phrase that doesn’t make any medical sense, but then again neither do a lot of things. Case in point… I decided to … Continue reading