Join 2,651 other followers
Top Posts & Pages
- What's your favorite Santa Claus Name?
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Dominic ffytche
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Don't Pjanic! It's The Funniest Names at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil
- Corn Griffin
- How to mix a Pink Martini: China Forbes, Storm Large, and Meow Meow
- Cornelius Swartwout: Wafflemania!
- William John Cavendish Cavendish-Scott-Bentinck, the Eccentric 5th Duke of Portland
- Without Akeeba and Rose, We Wouldn't Have Neil Leslie Diamond's Touching Story
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: boxing
“Friendship at first sight, like love at first sight, is said to be the only truth.”–Herman Melville Call me Doofus. Some years ago–never mind how long precisely–having little or no life, and nothing in particular to interest me in … Continue reading
Strange roads lead to today’s post. My better half viewed old clips of Milton Friedman, a Nobel laureate in Economics, on YouTube. Which made me think, why not Milton Friedman for the BoFN. Then I noticed when Friedman died. November … Continue reading
A short-but-sweet one for today, as your loyal boxing correspondent has also been serving a brief stint as a student-faculty academic liaison for the last several weeks, and life gets busy. But…. This weekend, Philadelphia-based Puerto-Rican boxer Danny “Swift” Garcia defeated California’s … Continue reading
Whew!!!! Just finished a cardiology final, and I snuck through by the skin of my teeth, which is a phrase that doesn’t make any medical sense, but then again neither do a lot of things. Case in point… I decided to … Continue reading