Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Ellsworth Schnebly and the Naming of Sedona, AZ
- O.D. McKee and son Ellsworth bring Little Debbie to the table
- Frank Hickingbotham, Georgia and Herren, too: fro yo royalty
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Welcome to Earth, Dashiel Edan - daughter of Milla Jovovich
- Una Stubbs
- Funny Names In The News, Freshly Pressed Edition!
- Outerbridge Horsey
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: comedy
Hello, readers! Now that it’s September, we move from Olympic Games back to funny names. And the winner winner (chicken dinner) for Freaky Friday’s funny name is Freek de Jonge, the Dutch cabaret performer and writer. Yes, you heard right, folks! Freek it … Continue reading
For the last few months we’ve been building up to the holiday season—and I did not realize my penchant for red and green. What with Red Smith, Red Green, Lorne Greene and now at the suggestion of Bumba, wonderfully named … Continue reading
When you read “pigmeat,” you probably think of bacon–the breakfast meat or Kevin. But today’s funny name is no strip nor link nor patty; today we discover comedian, singer, actor, and dancer Dewey “Pigmeat” Markham (April 18, 1904 – December 13, 1981). … Continue reading
Our regular Tuesday correspondent had to miss this week due to something wild and crazy, and Dr. King Token White Guy Dave (me) is super busy with two final exams on Friday morning, so how about we just leave you … Continue reading