Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Irrepressible Imogene Coca
- Pepper Roach
- Blixa Bargeld Just Needs To Be Held
- William Van Winkle "Chicken" Wolf
- Goodbye Stephen Colbert & Munchma Quchi, and Hello Brandybuck Cumberbund! It's Funny Names in the News 95!
- Captain Lorenzo Dow Baker knew there's always money in the banana stand
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: culture
I’m betting you’ve never heard the names Antonino and Carol Vincinette LoTempio. I’m also betting, if you are of a certain age, that you’ve heard of them under two very different names. And, of course, you’ve heard them sing. They are publicly … Continue reading
What are the things you associate with Thanksgiving dinner? Turkey, stuffing, salads, pumpkin pie, and green bean casserole? What would Thanksgiving dinner be without green beans, Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup and fried onions? According to Campbell’s an estimated 20 … Continue reading
Happy Spring, dear readers, and καλως ΗΡΘΑΤΕ (kalos IRTHATE) to you! That’s Greek for welcome and entirely fitting for today’s funny-named Greek bouzouki player, Vassilis Tsitsanis. Born and died on the same day of January 18th (1915 – 1984), Tsitsanis was a … Continue reading
“Apparently, we love our cell phones but hate everyone else’s”-Joe Bob Briggs Milana Aleksandrovna Vayntrub (b. March 8, 1987, Tashkent, Uzbekistan) is an American actress whom you may not have heard of, but you have probably seen. She plays … Continue reading
Buffalo Bob: “What time is it?” Peanut Gallery: “It’s Howdy Doody Time!” My age is showing, but what the %#@. If you’re an American baby boomer the name Howdy Doody (1947-1960) is synonymous with seminal children’s television–perhaps the most recognized name … Continue reading