Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Izzy Skenazy, Child Prodigy
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin
- Goodbye Stephen Colbert & Munchma Quchi, and Hello Brandybuck Cumberbund! It's Funny Names in the News 95!
- Herman Poole Blount aka Sun Ra
- Gutzon Borglum, Man of Many Explosive Faces
- Ro Lady Lala Mara, First Lady of Fiji
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: fiction
The flask was halfway to my mouth, one for the road. Then a hesitant rap on the glass told me I wouldn’t be leaving early. I guessed it was some high class dame with long fingers. I took a swig … Continue reading
Hello, and Happy Friday. If you missed yesterday’s part one of this tale, take a looksy here. The most curious thing about the Registry, is that Mr. Howitzer appears to do his work without the use of a single computer. … Continue reading
And now for something completely different. Here is a special report filed by our European Field Agent Portnoy Macademia. Enjoy. In a nondescript office building in central Lausanne, Switzerland, there is a global registry of unusual names. A man named Herland … Continue reading
Charles John Huffman Dickens (1812-1870), as any literate speaker of the Queen’s English knows, was one of the greatest writers in the history of Western Civilization. No, his name was not funny, and not even eponymous. The origin of the … Continue reading