Top Posts & Pages
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O'Malley "Dido" Armstrong
- Detlef Schrempf
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Without Akeeba and Rose, We Wouldn't Have Neil Leslie Diamond's Touching Story
- 8th Annual Poll: Funniest Names in The NFL Draft
- Metta World Peace, Diamond World Peace, Panda Friend, and the First Family of Modern Funny Names
- Olympics 2012: Saeid Mohammadpourkarkaragh and His Heavyweight Name
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: fun
Happy almost summer, fellow bloggers! Today’s funny-named fella may look familiar. If older George McFly and the actor who played him in BTTF, Crispin Glover (himself oddly-named), had a baby, it would be Jurgen Klopp. See what I mean? Spitting. … Continue reading
Hello, readers! Now that it’s September, we move from Olympic Games back to funny names. And the winner winner (chicken dinner) for Freaky Friday’s funny name is Freek de Jonge, the Dutch cabaret performer and writer. Yes, you heard right, folks! Freek it … Continue reading
Welcome to the 2016 Rio Olympics edition of The Blog of Funny Names. Today we showcase siblings Diego and Daniele Hypólito, shown here, discussing the merits of having a hometown advantage this year in Brazil. Both are gymnasts, competing for the gold. A … Continue reading
PaNaTa, y’all. Do you see this name? With random capitalization? I can’t even hazard as to why they wrote it that way, but goodness, it looks like a series of elements on the periodic table. Protactinium, Sodium, Tantalum. Awesome. Look at that … Continue reading
In February, we profiled interesting world leaders, including Canaan Sodindo Banana, former president of Zimbabwe. So it should come as no surprise that the deliciously fun-sounding Zimbabwe should offer up another funny-named leader. Today we spotlight Ndabaningi Sithole (pronounced nda-va-nin-gee sitt-o-le), who in 1963 founded the Zimbabwe … Continue reading