Top Posts & Pages
- Orval E. Faubus
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Oh Brother(s), Where Art Thou, the Charlos and Arroyos
- Welcome to Earth, Dashiel Edan - daughter of Milla Jovovich
- Mariano Martinez, Man of the Margaritas
- Arthur Lee Samuel, Three First Names?
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Nipsey Russell
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: germany
There’s lots of talk in the news about economic matters these days. There’s the Greek crisis, which in my personal life is the term for the disappointingly short weekend hours of my local gyro place. There’s always “the economy, stupid” when elections … Continue reading
Because we love alliteration here, meet Aloysius “Alois” Alzheimer, born June 14, 1864 in Marktbreit, Bavaria, Southern Germany. He excelled in the sciences at school, where he studied medicine in Berlin. First at Ashaffenburg (no, it’s not a chocolate), Tubingen … Continue reading
René Karl Wilhelm Johann Josef Maria Rilke, better known as Rainer Maria Rilke, was a brilliant poet with more awesomely-named credentials than you can shake a stick at. So stop shaking that stick! It’s futile! The Bohemian-Austrian poet (and legendary mustache … Continue reading
Hermann Zapf and His Dingbats sounds like a quite delightful 70s psychedelic band. Unfortunately, it isn’t one, but feel free to start the group and send us your demo. No, Hermann Zapf is not a musician, but he is a … Continue reading