Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- What's your favorite Santa Claus Name?
- 2012 Elections : the Funniest and Strangest Names on the Ballot
- How do you get to Zsa Zsa Gabor from Gabor Szabo?
- Bob Barker, You're the Next Contestant on the Name is Right . . .
- William John Cavendish Cavendish-Scott-Bentinck, the Eccentric 5th Duke of Portland
- Pepper Roach
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Welcome to Pawnee, Indiana
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: golf
As we prepare to flip our mental calendars to April, thoughts turn to the outdoors. Green grass, sprawling acres of it to walk, inhale deep into souls, feel under our toes. Pardon me, allergy sufferers or big lawn cutters. I’m … Continue reading
Good morning all you nomenophiles and Latin pedants eager to correct non-words on your screen! Join us for yet another roundup of “news” filled to the brim with awesome names, cool monikers and the very strangest of aliases. We begin … Continue reading
Our resident sports expert Mark has informed me that the U.S. Open golf tournament is under way again. The Open, described by Wikipedia as being notable for its “pinched fairways” and “undulating greens” (golf seems to invite some poetry in … Continue reading
Fred Funk is a friendly guy. Great name, for sure. Part button-down, part soul music. Everywhere the professional golfer goes, people follow like he’s the pied piper. He’s not big and strapping like some of these dudes who bash the … Continue reading
“They call it golf because all the other 4-letter words are taken.”–Raymond Floyd Next to the ripsnorting humor of baseball and football names, I have to admit that Golf is a bit funny-name challenged. But all is not lost: seek … Continue reading