Top Posts & Pages
- Dominique Moceanu: When Dominique "Domi" Dominated
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Funny Names in the Olympics Continued : Funniest Olympic Medalist Names Of All Time
- Without Akeeba and Rose, We Wouldn't Have Neil Leslie Diamond's Touching Story
- Rahsaan Roland Kirk
- Alert, Qiqiqtaaluk Region, Nunavut
- Fannie's Favorite Town Names in Washington State
- John Ridley Stroop
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: historical figures
[Nominative determinism] refers to amusing instances where people’s names coincidentally reflect some aspect of their jobs, professions or lives. – Webster’s Online Dictionary The great Thomas Crapper is perhaps one of the greatest examples of nominative determinism (along with hurdler Marina … Continue reading
“Foremost Female Physical Culturist, Writer, Authority on Feminine Figure Contouring, Cover Girl.” So read the business card of one Abbye “Pudgy” Stockton, a pioneer of female bodybuilding and weight lifting in the 1940s and 1950s. She also briefly ran a … Continue reading
Figure skating. A noble sport of beautiful motion, musical movements on ice, leg-breaking thugs, and scandalous judging decisions. Ah, sounds like every good sport of the last hundred years. To be perfectly honest, I am no expert on figure skating, … Continue reading