Top Posts & Pages
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Welcome to Earth, Dashiel Edan - daughter of Milla Jovovich
- Arthur Lee Samuel, Three First Names?
- Dominique Moceanu: When Dominique "Domi" Dominated
- Bone Wars! Othniel Marsh vs. Edward Drinker Cope
- Ras-I Alujah Bramble (formerly Livingstone Bramble)
- Blixa Bargeld Just Needs To Be Held
- Roscoe E Rodda, Bob Born born of Sam Born, and their Peeps
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: history
Greetings funny names fans! For those of you who’ve been around for a while, you know I have a penchant for comics and their authors. I spent a wonderful weekend with my better half at the Emerald City Comic Con. … Continue reading
School’s, school’s, school’s out and our local library kicked off its summer reading program including the “Teen Challenge”. Which in no way influenced this post. Wink, wink. Let’s talk about Edgar Rice Burroughs, first of all, I’ve always wondered how … Continue reading
Who’s the dapper Union general in a double-breasted coat, you ask? Why, it’s none other than Galusha Pennypacker in his Civil War days. Pennypacker (unlike many hard-to-pronounce names on this blog) is a jubilant joy for the tongue, like pedalpusher or Miss Moneypenny. … Continue reading
Today I am standing on my soap box—because I’m too short for you to see me otherwise—and whispering, because if you want people to pay attention, you whisper. And have a slice of Chocolate Bourbon Cake. I understand it’s one … Continue reading