Top Posts & Pages
- Lena Dunham, Zosia Mamet and Jemima Kirke
- Welcome to Pawnee, Indiana
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Chicken Alaska, Doesn't that Sound Delicious?
- A Cornelius Sighting and Zoard Action! It Must Be Funny Names In The News - Week IV
- Olympia Dukakis, and How She Makes the World a Better Place
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- What's the Funniest Town or City Name in Finland?
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: history
Greetings funny names fans! For those of you who’ve been around for a while, you know I have a penchant for comics and their authors. I spent a wonderful weekend with my better half at the Emerald City Comic Con. … Continue reading
School’s, school’s, school’s out and our local library kicked off its summer reading program including the “Teen Challenge”. Which in no way influenced this post. Wink, wink. Let’s talk about Edgar Rice Burroughs, first of all, I’ve always wondered how … Continue reading
Who’s the dapper Union general in a double-breasted coat, you ask? Why, it’s none other than Galusha Pennypacker in his Civil War days. Pennypacker (unlike many hard-to-pronounce names on this blog) is a jubilant joy for the tongue, like pedalpusher or Miss Moneypenny. … Continue reading
Today I am standing on my soap box—because I’m too short for you to see me otherwise—and whispering, because if you want people to pay attention, you whisper. And have a slice of Chocolate Bourbon Cake. I understand it’s one … Continue reading