Top Posts & Pages
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Goodbye Stephen Colbert & Munchma Quchi, and Hello Brandybuck Cumberbund! It's Funny Names in the News 95!
- William John Cavendish Cavendish-Scott-Bentinck, the Eccentric 5th Duke of Portland
- Blixa Bargeld Just Needs To Be Held
- Clopton Havers, Bone Master
- John Ridley Stroop
- Alert, Qiqiqtaaluk Region, Nunavut
- Guppy Troup
- Dick Butkus
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: history
Greetings funny names fans! For those of you who’ve been around for a while, you know I have a penchant for comics and their authors. I spent a wonderful weekend with my better half at the Emerald City Comic Con. … Continue reading
School’s, school’s, school’s out and our local library kicked off its summer reading program including the “Teen Challenge”. Which in no way influenced this post. Wink, wink. Let’s talk about Edgar Rice Burroughs, first of all, I’ve always wondered how … Continue reading
Who’s the dapper Union general in a double-breasted coat, you ask? Why, it’s none other than Galusha Pennypacker in his Civil War days. Pennypacker (unlike many hard-to-pronounce names on this blog) is a jubilant joy for the tongue, like pedalpusher or Miss Moneypenny. … Continue reading
Today I am standing on my soap box—because I’m too short for you to see me otherwise—and whispering, because if you want people to pay attention, you whisper. And have a slice of Chocolate Bourbon Cake. I understand it’s one … Continue reading