Top Posts & Pages
- 2012 Elections : the Funniest and Strangest Names on the Ballot
- What's your favorite Santa Claus Name?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Pleasant Riggs Crump
- Funny Names in the Olympics Continued : Funniest Olympic Medalist Names Of All Time
- Hermann Zapf and His Dingbats
- Benedict Cumberbatch
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: jazz
“Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman…or a bad woman.”–George Burns. I must admit, I’ll take any one or all three of the George Burns aforementioned above. But when it comes to martinis, my favorite is a pink … Continue reading
Downbeat. The Pantheon. Animal House. Amherst. Doogie Howzer. What do these things have in common? Well, they’re all connected to that thing where I trawl Wikipedia to collect names of jazzmen and jazzwomen and put up another kooky post. Jazz. … Continue reading
We continue our alphabetical exploration of the Norwegian jazz scene, which started by chance but continues with plodding, mind-numbing deliberateness. But if you’re just joining us, don’t fall asleep just yet! We are on percussionists and the letter H, which turns … Continue reading
We learn a lot of things at this joint. Things like, whoa, Norway totally dominates funny jazz bass names. At least for the first half of the alphabet. Now we’re here to see if it’s true for M-S. Place your … Continue reading