Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Izzy Skenazy, Child Prodigy
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin
- Goodbye Stephen Colbert & Munchma Quchi, and Hello Brandybuck Cumberbund! It's Funny Names in the News 95!
- Herman Poole Blount aka Sun Ra
- Gutzon Borglum, Man of Many Explosive Faces
- Ro Lady Lala Mara, First Lady of Fiji
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: jazz
Every year my Christmas Grinch schtick lingers past the expiration date, like a dried up ole Christmas tree that the family got too lazy to throw away. So, the first order of business here is to bump that puppy off … Continue reading
“Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman…or a bad woman.”–George Burns. I must admit, I’ll take any one or all three of the George Burns aforementioned above. But when it comes to martinis, my favorite is a pink … Continue reading
Downbeat. The Pantheon. Animal House. Amherst. Doogie Howzer. What do these things have in common? Well, they’re all connected to that thing where I trawl Wikipedia to collect names of jazzmen and jazzwomen and put up another kooky post. Jazz. … Continue reading
We continue our alphabetical exploration of the Norwegian jazz scene, which started by chance but continues with plodding, mind-numbing deliberateness. But if you’re just joining us, don’t fall asleep just yet! We are on percussionists and the letter H, which turns … Continue reading
We learn a lot of things at this joint. Things like, whoa, Norway totally dominates funny jazz bass names. At least for the first half of the alphabet. Now we’re here to see if it’s true for M-S. Place your … Continue reading