Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Dominic ffytche
- 'The Fabulous Moolah' Carries a Wicked Dropkick, Doesn't It?
- Lesane Parish Crooks, aka Tupac Shakur
- 2012 Elections : the Funniest and Strangest Names on the Ballot
- Rahsaan Roland Kirk
- Danger Fourpence and the Eleven Weirdest Names in Soccer
- Michael Hickenbottom, Son of Dick
- Arlene Klasky and Gabor Csupo
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: linguistics
“When it’s three o’clock in New York, it’s still 1938 in London.”–Bette Midler When one thinks about British History, the names that come to mind are not all that funny. Funny Names? Maybe funny numbers? Henry VIII…Richard III…Elizabeth II? … Continue reading
“You could look it up.”–Casey Stengel According to the 1975 edition of the New Columbia Encyclopedia, “Lillian Virginia Mountweazel ( 1942-1973), was an American photographer, b. Bangs, Ohio. Turning from fountain design to photography in 1963, Mountweazel produced her celebrated portraits of … Continue reading