Top Posts & Pages
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- 2012 Elections : the Funniest and Strangest Names on the Ballot
- Salman Khan versus Salman Khan
- What's your favorite Santa Claus Name?
- What's the Funniest Town or City Name in Finland?
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Ro Lady Lala Mara, First Lady of Fiji
- Guppy Troup
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: linguistics
“When it’s three o’clock in New York, it’s still 1938 in London.”–Bette Midler When one thinks about British History, the names that come to mind are not all that funny. Funny Names? Maybe funny numbers? Henry VIII…Richard III…Elizabeth II? … Continue reading
“You could look it up.”–Casey Stengel According to the 1975 edition of the New Columbia Encyclopedia, “Lillian Virginia Mountweazel ( 1942-1973), was an American photographer, b. Bangs, Ohio. Turning from fountain design to photography in 1963, Mountweazel produced her celebrated portraits of … Continue reading