Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Dominic ffytche
- Guppy Troup
- Stirling Silliphant
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- A Name for the Ages: Oliphant Chuckerbutty
- Izzy Skenazy, Child Prodigy
- Johannes Gutenberg
- Danger Fourpence and the Eleven Weirdest Names in Soccer
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: literature
René Karl Wilhelm Johann Josef Maria Rilke, better known as Rainer Maria Rilke, was a brilliant poet with more awesomely-named credentials than you can shake a stick at. So stop shaking that stick! It’s futile! The Bohemian-Austrian poet (and legendary mustache … Continue reading
Hoo-Diggidy Boy Howdy! Another funny name submission from one of our awesome readers, HLK from Finland, who I’m guessing is Kulakki’s wife Heidi! In any case, the name she submitted is a doozy, and if I’m not mistaken, is the first … Continue reading
Charles John Huffman Dickens (1812-1870), as any literate speaker of the Queen’s English knows, was one of the greatest writers in the history of Western Civilization. No, his name was not funny, and not even eponymous. The origin of the … Continue reading