Top Posts & Pages
- Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Íslensku Jólasveinarnir, The Icelandic Yule Lads
- Dominique Moceanu: When Dominique "Domi" Dominated
- Funny Names Theory
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Happy Independence Day! Vote Toward a More Funny-Named Union!
- Verity Lambert
- Sweet Poppa Pigmeat
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: military
Who’s the dapper Union general in a double-breasted coat, you ask? Why, it’s none other than Galusha Pennypacker in his Civil War days. Pennypacker (unlike many hard-to-pronounce names on this blog) is a jubilant joy for the tongue, like pedalpusher or Miss Moneypenny. … Continue reading
A week or two ago, Mark sent me a list of some of the best boxing nicknames in history. The list featured such great monikers as Darnell “The Ding-a-ling Man” Wilson and Willie “The Worm” Monroe, but what struck me most about the … Continue reading