Join 2,654 other subscribers
Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Keridatch Aphibarnrat and the Funniest Names in Golf
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Blixa Bargeld Just Needs To Be Held
- Frank Hickingbotham, Georgia and Herren, too: fro yo royalty
- Pleasant Riggs Crump
- What's your favorite Santa Claus Name?
- Dominic ffytche
- Ambrose Gwinnett Bierce
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: military
Who’s the dapper Union general in a double-breasted coat, you ask? Why, it’s none other than Galusha Pennypacker in his Civil War days. Pennypacker (unlike many hard-to-pronounce names on this blog) is a jubilant joy for the tongue, like pedalpusher or Miss Moneypenny. … Continue reading
Verlin E. “Lew” Jenkins, “The Sweet Swatter from Sweetwater, Texas”
A week or two ago, Mark sent me a list of some of the best boxing nicknames in history. The list featured such great monikers as Darnell “The Ding-a-ling Man” Wilson and Willie “The Worm” Monroe, but what struck me most about the … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged boxing, funny, history, humor, humour, military, names, sports 15 Comments
Asa Maxwell Thornton Farr Butterfield
I came across this amazing name while I was watching movie trailers on the IMDB website the other day. (It’s something I do. Just go with it; it’s part of my charm). We’ll talk about the trailer shortly; my geek … Continue reading