Top Posts & Pages
- What's your favorite Santa Claus Name?
- Ransom Eli Olds, Inventor, Automater: Darn, Did I Give That One Away?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Funny Names Theory
- Cloris Leachman
- Ima Hogg, First Lady Of Texas
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Íslensku Jólasveinarnir, The Icelandic Yule Lads
- Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck
- Arlene Klasky and Gabor Csupo
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: moniker madness
“Every time I sign a ball I thank my lucky stars I wasn’t born Covelski or Wambgnass or Peckingpaugh”–Mel Ott Ol’ Mr. Ott may be happy for not being any of the names above, but he never would have won … Continue reading
Well I’ll be hornswoggled, it’s FNITN Friday! Whoop dee doo! Today’s Funny Names in the News is a very special one! I’ll let Moniker Madness Mark, our minor league baseball names correspondent, explain why: “The annual Minor League Baseball Moniker … Continue reading
Sicnarf Loopstok, Stryker Trahan and Minor League Moniker Madness–Down the Stretch They Come! (VOTE)
“Who’s on first.”–Bud Abbott “Opera in English makes about as much sense as baseball in Italian”–H.L. Mencken A common ongoing discussion, in baseball, involves the comparison of the players of one era with those of another. Who was better? Is … Continue reading
“Can’t anyone here play this game?”–Casey Stengel Question: What do Roughned Odor, Zealous Wheeler, Caleb Bushyhead, Michael Goodnight and Tuffy Gosewisch have in common? Answer: They are just five of the 63 also-rans in the 2012 Minor League Baseball Moniker … Continue reading