Top Posts & Pages
- Dominic ffytche
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Welcome to Earth, Dashiel Edan - daughter of Milla Jovovich
- Fannie's Favorite Town Names in Washington State
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Charles Dickens and the Funniest Names in Fiction
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Una Stubbs
- Engelbert Humperdinck, or Englebert Reynolds?
- Diva! Wilhelmenia Wiggins Fernandez
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: moniker madness
“Every time I sign a ball I thank my lucky stars I wasn’t born Covelski or Wambgnass or Peckingpaugh”–Mel Ott Ol’ Mr. Ott may be happy for not being any of the names above, but he never would have won … Continue reading
Well I’ll be hornswoggled, it’s FNITN Friday! Whoop dee doo! Today’s Funny Names in the News is a very special one! I’ll let Moniker Madness Mark, our minor league baseball names correspondent, explain why: “The annual Minor League Baseball Moniker … Continue reading
Sicnarf Loopstok, Stryker Trahan and Minor League Moniker Madness–Down the Stretch They Come! (VOTE)
“Who’s on first.”–Bud Abbott “Opera in English makes about as much sense as baseball in Italian”–H.L. Mencken A common ongoing discussion, in baseball, involves the comparison of the players of one era with those of another. Who was better? Is … Continue reading
“Can’t anyone here play this game?”–Casey Stengel Question: What do Roughned Odor, Zealous Wheeler, Caleb Bushyhead, Michael Goodnight and Tuffy Gosewisch have in common? Answer: They are just five of the 63 also-rans in the 2012 Minor League Baseball Moniker … Continue reading