Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Nipsey Russell
- Without Akeeba and Rose, We Wouldn't Have Neil Leslie Diamond's Touching Story
- Dominic ffytche
- Clopton Havers, Bone Master
- Funny Names in the News 32: Cheese Puns, Impish Sleeping, and Alison Brie
- Bob Barker, You're the Next Contestant on the Name is Right . . .
- What's your favorite Santa Claus Name?
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: movies
Y’all, I watch a lot of Hallmark movies. Every new movie on Saturday at 8pm, I am there. And while I am very aware that Candace Cameron Bure is the queen of Hallmark, and that Lacy Chabert is the princess, … Continue reading
The short answer is, by rearranging letter magnets on the fridge. The longer answer is more complicated. It involves magical Al Gh’er Rh’ythms of Yoot T’Ooob, whose mysterious workings summon up an almost forgotten album of a Hungary-born guitarist. And … Continue reading
For some reason talented people with amusing names are drawn to Hollywood. Take Volodymyr Palahniuk who became Jack Palance and his portrayal of villains or Ethyl Merman who belted it out on Broadway and landed a fair few movie rolls … Continue reading
Hey gang! It’s Mailman* here, of Lancaster County & Boutros Boutros-Ghali BoFN fame. But enough about me and my too-brief funny names blogging career – we’re here to #RaveforDave! I met Dave almost exactly a dozen years ago at the … Continue reading
Actually, there’s no need to “Netflix and chill” when a Chill Wills flick is on the tube. It demands your full attention. The colorful, guitar-strumming character actor above was a 43-year film veteran, whose career was defined by numerous cowboy roles, including Giant, The … Continue reading