Top Posts & Pages
- Funny Named Ballplayers on Film OR: What Happens When Amb Tries to Talk About Sports
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Verlin E. "Lew" Jenkins, "The Sweet Swatter from Sweetwater, Texas"
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- John Ridley Stroop
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Huddie Ledbetter, aka Lead Belly
- Gertrude Grubb and her powerful pension
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: nfl
This post appears concurrently on The Millennium Conjectures “I want to own an NFL franchise. I understand the business of football.”-Jon Bon Jovi I honestly have no idea if Jon Bon Jovi understands the business of football. But with a … Continue reading
“If I could remember the names of all these particles, I’d be a botanist.”–Enrico Fermi Ah, spring has sprung. Flowers are blooming. The world is reborn (just ask Tiger Woods if you don’t believe that one). And that means one … Continue reading
“If a man watches three football games in a row, he should be declared legally dead”–Erma Bombeck” “Rats, suspended again,” said Tom, deflated.** **If you’re too young to remember Tom Swifties, check out the history here. It’s that magical time … Continue reading
Howdy doody cowboys!!! Notice how I didn’t capitalize “cowboys” there? There’s a reason for that… there ain’t none “Cowboys” in today’s post. Instead, there’ll be a few Patriots, and a couple of Seahawks. Plus our usual assortment of funny names … Continue reading
Happy May 3rd everybody! Is it May already? Good golly, miss Molly! (Or Mister Rollie!) Well, I’d better waste no time in getting to the goods then! This just in: the Sugarhill Gang did NOT invent rap music! No, that … Continue reading