Top Posts & Pages
- Fish Wars! (And Mullets Too!) - Funny Baseball Names
- Funny Sloth Names, Bright Dike and Hawaiian Shirts Feature in Funny Name Friday 54
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Funny Names Theory
- Bob Barker, You're the Next Contestant on the Name is Right . . .
- Ima Hogg, First Lady Of Texas
- Sir Manley Power
- Funny Names in the NFL Draft 2013
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: ogden nash
I think I’ve just set a record for the shortest name of any person profiled on the blog. Huzzah! Melvin Thomas Ott (1909-1958) was a major league right fielder. And he was a heck of a right fielder, to say … Continue reading
Howdy folks! I’m back, and you know what that means – more funny baseball names. Tristram E. Speaker (1888-1958) is kind of legit. Although born without a middle name, he adopted the “E.” after Red Sox management insisted he have … Continue reading
Happy Halloween folks! Anybody who dresses up as our inductee today gets triple the candy at my parents’ house than they would if they dressed up as something cliché like a witch, goblin, ghost, grim reaper or eggplant. (Seriously, if … Continue reading
Denton True Young (1867-1955). Name ring a bell? I hope not! (If it does, you’re probably a hopeless baseball nerd like myself). How about “Cy” Young? One of the game’s all-time greats, Young compiled an unbelievable 511-316 record (both the … Continue reading