Top Posts & Pages
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- 7th Annual Poll, Funniest Names in The NFL Draft
- Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- mollie katzen, good gollie
- Guppy Troup
- Wonderful Terrific Monds III and Moniker Madness
- From the Archives of Early Television: Howdy Doody and Winky Dink
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: ogden nash
I think I’ve just set a record for the shortest name of any person profiled on the blog. Huzzah! Melvin Thomas Ott (1909-1958) was a major league right fielder. And he was a heck of a right fielder, to say … Continue reading
Howdy folks! I’m back, and you know what that means – more funny baseball names. Tristram E. Speaker (1888-1958) is kind of legit. Although born without a middle name, he adopted the “E.” after Red Sox management insisted he have … Continue reading
Happy Halloween folks! Anybody who dresses up as our inductee today gets triple the candy at my parents’ house than they would if they dressed up as something cliché like a witch, goblin, ghost, grim reaper or eggplant. (Seriously, if … Continue reading
Denton True Young (1867-1955). Name ring a bell? I hope not! (If it does, you’re probably a hopeless baseball nerd like myself). How about “Cy” Young? One of the game’s all-time greats, Young compiled an unbelievable 511-316 record (both the … Continue reading