Top Posts & Pages
- Funny Named Ballplayers on Film OR: What Happens When Amb Tries to Talk About Sports
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- How do you get to Zsa Zsa Gabor from Gabor Szabo?
- Verlin E. "Lew" Jenkins, "The Sweet Swatter from Sweetwater, Texas"
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Gertrude Grubb and her powerful pension
- Welcome to Earth, Dashiel Edan - daughter of Milla Jovovich
- Whistle While Iwerks
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Fred Funk and showing some Skins on the golf course
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: ogden nash
I think I’ve just set a record for the shortest name of any person profiled on the blog. Huzzah! Melvin Thomas Ott (1909-1958) was a major league right fielder. And he was a heck of a right fielder, to say … Continue reading
Howdy folks! I’m back, and you know what that means – more funny baseball names. Tristram E. Speaker (1888-1958) is kind of legit. Although born without a middle name, he adopted the “E.” after Red Sox management insisted he have … Continue reading
Happy Halloween folks! Anybody who dresses up as our inductee today gets triple the candy at my parents’ house than they would if they dressed up as something cliché like a witch, goblin, ghost, grim reaper or eggplant. (Seriously, if … Continue reading
Denton True Young (1867-1955). Name ring a bell? I hope not! (If it does, you’re probably a hopeless baseball nerd like myself). How about “Cy” Young? One of the game’s all-time greats, Young compiled an unbelievable 511-316 record (both the … Continue reading