Join 2,651 other followers
Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Don't Pjanic! It's The Funniest Names at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- What's your favorite Santa Claus Name?
- Dominic ffytche
- Pepper Roach
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- W.G. Snuffy Walden
- Benedict Cumberbatch
- Funny Names in the News: Yingluck and Cornelis Lighten Black Friday
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: olympics
Welcome to the 2016 Rio Olympics edition of The Blog of Funny Names. Today we showcase siblings Diego and Daniele Hypólito, shown here, discussing the merits of having a hometown advantage this year in Brazil. Both are gymnasts, competing for the gold. A … Continue reading
Do you remember that amazing vault that Kerri Strug did at the 1996 Olympics? I remember it like it was yesterday, up late at night, riveted to the TV. The diminutive Dominique Moceanu had faltered in the last rotation of team … Continue reading
Howzit! Thanks, eh? All right! It’s Funny Names In The News Friday! Why did I introduce FNITN this way? Because my Nordic Correspondent Arto introduced me to this paragraph from the Shaka Sign Wikipedia page, and it’s solid gold! “Hawaiians … Continue reading
Hello! Friday time, baby! That means there must be some kind of crazy roundup of the craziest funny name stories in the news this week, right? Twist! This week, the Winter Olympics have been taking place in Sochi, Russia. In … Continue reading
“I grew up with 6 brothers. That’s how I learned to dance–waiting for the bathroom.”–Bob Hope “Big sisters are the crabgrass in the lawn of life.”–Linus (Charles M. Schultz) When it comes to siblings in major professional sports, a few … Continue reading