Top Posts & Pages
- What's your favorite Santa Claus Name?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Dominic ffytche
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
- John Ridley Stroop
- Danger Fourpence and the Eleven Weirdest Names in Soccer
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Vlurma and Titus Byrd adopt Cornelius Calvin Sale, Jr. and Change History
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: puns
We know you’re all sick of election coverage by now, considering the networks started speculating and reporting on this particular cycle back in 1989. Or so it feels sometimes. But no one has asked the truly important questions in the … Continue reading
[Nominative determinism] refers to amusing instances where people’s names coincidentally reflect some aspect of their jobs, professions or lives. – Webster’s Online Dictionary The great Thomas Crapper is perhaps one of the greatest examples of nominative determinism (along with hurdler Marina … Continue reading