Top Posts & Pages
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Gertrude Grubb and her powerful pension
- Rahsaan Roland Kirk
- Arthur Lee Samuel, Three First Names?
- Konstantinos "Dino" Stamatopoulos
- Funny Sloth Names, Bright Dike and Hawaiian Shirts Feature in Funny Name Friday 54
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Lillian Virginia Mountweazel--The funniest eponymous name that never was
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: puns
We know you’re all sick of election coverage by now, considering the networks started speculating and reporting on this particular cycle back in 1989. Or so it feels sometimes. But no one has asked the truly important questions in the … Continue reading
[Nominative determinism] refers to amusing instances where people’s names coincidentally reflect some aspect of their jobs, professions or lives. – Webster’s Online Dictionary The great Thomas Crapper is perhaps one of the greatest examples of nominative determinism (along with hurdler Marina … Continue reading