Top Posts & Pages
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Izzy Skenazy, Child Prodigy
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin
- Goodbye Stephen Colbert & Munchma Quchi, and Hello Brandybuck Cumberbund! It's Funny Names in the News 95!
- Herman Poole Blount aka Sun Ra
- Gutzon Borglum, Man of Many Explosive Faces
- Ro Lady Lala Mara, First Lady of Fiji
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: #RaveForDave
Glinda, the Good Witch, told Dorothy to tap her heels together three time and say, “There’s no place like home”. Glinda was right. One of my history buff friends suggested our next guest, Chief Slugamus Koquilton, formerly of Muckleshoot, Washington, … Continue reading
Welcome back Funny Names Fans. My favorite aunt once asked me to write a post about Ignatz Ratzkowaski. Only I can’t find him anywhere. But it did lead me to someone with an equally wonderful name. Dr. Ignaz Phillipp Semmelweis … Continue reading
We here at the BoFN love alliteration and names so delicious we can sink our teeth into them. We also know that schoolyard kids can be cruel, and that a funny name can cause a person to develop a special … Continue reading
Welcome new readers and longtime fans. Thank you for following us during our Rave for Dave campaign to help Dave with his fight against cancer, because cancer is no laughing matter, or is it? Today I’m re-posting Goodhearted Laughter, because … Continue reading