Top Posts & Pages
- Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso
- Happy Independence Day! Vote Toward a More Funny-Named Union!
- Íslensku Jólasveinarnir, The Icelandic Yule Lads
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Funny Names Theory
- Danger Fourpence and the Eleven Weirdest Names in Soccer
- Arlene Klasky and Gabor Csupo
- Armie Hammer: The Soldier's Tool
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: sports
The glory. The adulation. The Budweiser®. These are just some of the great perks of winning the Super Bowl, like the Denver Broncos did in yesterday’s championship game. Winners’ names live forever as the top football achievers of their time. … Continue reading
Happy Friday! It’s time again to go over the newspapers again and dig out the week’s very best names. First, we pop over to Italy, where a big soccer match between Inter Milan and Carpi had a dramatic ending. Inter was … Continue reading
A short-but-sweet one for today, as your loyal boxing correspondent has also been serving a brief stint as a student-faculty academic liaison for the last several weeks, and life gets busy. But…. This weekend, Philadelphia-based Puerto-Rican boxer Danny “Swift” Garcia defeated California’s … Continue reading
Whew!!!! Just finished a cardiology final, and I snuck through by the skin of my teeth, which is a phrase that doesn’t make any medical sense, but then again neither do a lot of things. Case in point… I decided to … Continue reading
What’s crack-a-lackin’ folks? It’s another star-studded edition of Funny Names in the News. I told Arto I was gonna write this last night (and wrote those first two sentences then) but sleep happens and I’m writing this now as your morning … Continue reading