Top Posts & Pages
- Joe Btfsplk: Oh Vowels, Where Art Thou?
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Olympics 2012: Saeid Mohammadpourkarkaragh and His Heavyweight Name
- Welcome to Earth, Dashiel Edan - daughter of Milla Jovovich
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- From the Annals of American Political History: Harry Baals and Wankard Pooser.
- Nipsey Russell
- Gump Worsley Had the Name and Face for Hockey
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: tennis
“Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row.”–Vitas Gerulaitis when he finally beat Jimmy Connors after losing to him 16 straight times. Here at The Blog of Funny Names, we’ve always had a fascination with people who have two last … Continue reading
Hey everyone, I’m here! It’s true, I am! We have some news from the past week involving some really funny names, so let’s read on. We start in sports where our Sporting Affairs Correspondent (Kickball, Lacrosse, Equestrian and Racquetball specialist) … Continue reading
“It’s true I always try to be as seductive as possible, but I wouldn’t be here if I couldn’t play tennis.”–Anna Kournikova Rybarikova…Rodionova…Cepelova…Strycova…Pronkova…to the uninitiated these names may sound like they came straight from the roster of the Moscow Ballet. In fact, … Continue reading
“I grew up with 6 brothers. That’s how I learned to dance–waiting for the bathroom.”–Bob Hope “Big sisters are the crabgrass in the lawn of life.”–Linus (Charles M. Schultz) When it comes to siblings in major professional sports, a few … Continue reading
Well I’ll be hornswoggled, it’s FNITN Friday! Whoop dee doo! Today’s Funny Names in the News is a very special one! I’ll let Moniker Madness Mark, our minor league baseball names correspondent, explain why: “The annual Minor League Baseball Moniker … Continue reading