Top Posts & Pages
- What's your favorite Santa Claus Name?
- 2012 Elections : the Funniest and Strangest Names on the Ballot
- Majestic Mapp and Scientific Mapp: A March Madness Basketball Legacy
- Mopsy Strange Kennedy, Ph.D.
- In Honor of Presidents' Day, We List Some of the Funniest Names of World Leaders Today!
- Pleasant Riggs Crump
- Milana Vayntrub--who?
- Benedict Cumberbatch
- Funny Names in the Olympics Continued : Funniest Olympic Medalist Names Of All Time
- Bone Wars! Othniel Marsh vs. Edward Drinker Cope
Most Popular Names
Tag Archives: tennis
“Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row.”–Vitas Gerulaitis when he finally beat Jimmy Connors after losing to him 16 straight times. Here at The Blog of Funny Names, we’ve always had a fascination with people who have two last … Continue reading
Hey everyone, I’m here! It’s true, I am! We have some news from the past week involving some really funny names, so let’s read on. We start in sports where our Sporting Affairs Correspondent (Kickball, Lacrosse, Equestrian and Racquetball specialist) … Continue reading
“It’s true I always try to be as seductive as possible, but I wouldn’t be here if I couldn’t play tennis.”–Anna Kournikova Rybarikova…Rodionova…Cepelova…Strycova…Pronkova…to the uninitiated these names may sound like they came straight from the roster of the Moscow Ballet. In fact, … Continue reading
“I grew up with 6 brothers. That’s how I learned to dance–waiting for the bathroom.”–Bob Hope “Big sisters are the crabgrass in the lawn of life.”–Linus (Charles M. Schultz) When it comes to siblings in major professional sports, a few … Continue reading
Well I’ll be hornswoggled, it’s FNITN Friday! Whoop dee doo! Today’s Funny Names in the News is a very special one! I’ll let Moniker Madness Mark, our minor league baseball names correspondent, explain why: “The annual Minor League Baseball Moniker … Continue reading